Midnight LJR Build

Also if anyone has any tips on drilling out rivnuts I would love to know them in case I screw up tomorrow.

I tried a small bit and going a little bigger at a time and also tried a big one to just try to get the lip off. Neither seemed to work great. So the plan now is to avoid it.🤣

Reactions: DrDmoney
its a shame Savvy seems to be doing this a lot lately, I hope they still have the LJ corners available and can get them out to you right away.

What’s the deal with Savvy? Have they announced they are going to reduce or stop production for TJ/LJ parts?

Also if anyone has any tips on drilling out rivnuts I would love to know them in case I screw up tomorrow.

I tried a small bit and going a little bigger at a time and also tried a big one to just try to get the lip off. Neither seemed to work great. So the plan now is to avoid it.🤣
There’s no cutter that I’m aware of, I usually try to reset them if they spin if they stick out a little from the surface you can counter bore the back of the part you are mounting so it will fit tight.

Reactions: Midnight LJR
What’s the deal with Savvy? Have they announced they are going to reduce or stop production for TJ/LJ parts?

I know they stopped making the tummy tuck for certain years. I think most of us are expecting them to cut production of other things in the near future, like many other companies have. I am planning to get the last of the parts I am interested in from them, so I won’t need to worry about it in the future.

Reactions: Alex01
I know they stopped making the tummy tuck for certain years. I think most of us are expecting them to cut production of other things in the near future, like many other companies have. I am planning to get the last of the parts I am interested in from them, so I won’t need to worry about it in the future.
Was this just recently?

I might have to drill a couple out for the backer plate I’ll have to look at it. It was the ones that I could not reach the back I was worried about. Didn’t want it to fall into the tub at rattle for eternity.

:)
Crap. Mine fell in there, I didn't think anything of it. Now my Jeep will forever sound like a maraca.

The weekend went pretty well all things considered, the sliders where much more challenging to get installed nicely than I thought they were going to be.

Done
  • Change Oil
  • Install Rock Sliders
  • Install engine Skid
  • Painted OEM flares
  • Finishing installing frame reinforcement brackets on rear bumper

Did not get done
  • Replace Spark Plugs
  • Install Corner Armor
  • Wind up winch cable correctly

Spoke to Savvy on the phone they were nice and are going o get me the correct sliders and hardware sent out.

Here are some photos, the paint job on the sliders and flares did not turn out too good with all the wind this weekend I will likely need to redo when I take off the armor to be painted.

F93AE4CC-A9A8-4E97-9C76-35A8766C65E5.jpeg
804EC9EE-4FDB-444C-B4A3-3D9413E3D016.jpeg
E184213F-7E47-4DE7-A8B9-8EE98BD5FE9C.jpeg

Last edited:
The weekend went pretty well all things considered, the sliders where much more challenging to get installed nicely than I thought they were going to be.

Done
  • Change Oil
  • Install Rock Sliders
  • Install engine Skid
  • Painted OEM flares

Did not get done
  • Replace Spark Plugs
  • Install Corner Armor

Spoke to Savvy on the phone they were nice and are going o get me the correct sliders and hardware sent out.

Here are some photos, the paint job on the sliders and flares did not turn out too good with all the wind this weekend I will likely need to redo when I take off the armor to be painted.

View attachment 122151View attachment 122150View attachment 122149
Looking good!

EDIT FIFM

Done
  • Change Oil
  • Install Rock Sliders
  • Install engine Skid
  • Painted OEM flares

Did not get done
  • Replace Spark Plugs
  • Install Corner Armor

Wow, that is such a good looking Jeep. Very nice work (y)

Done
  • Change Oil
  • Install Rock Sliders
  • Install engine Skid
  • Painted OEM flares

Did not get done
  • Replace Spark Plugs
  • Install Corner Armor

Good job. That is one good looking Jeep!

So it’s starting to get dark so much earlier I am realizing the Jeep really could use better lights. I figured I had two choices for really improving the lighting, I could either tape my cell phone with the flashlight on to the hood or buy some aftermarket LED lights. I figure both would be a strong improvement to the stock lights. This time I decided to order some VisionX LED headlights and driving lights. I look forward to trying them out everyone seems to love them.

In other news Savvy really came through on my replacement corners they were already here this morning with all missing hardware and a shirt thrown in for my trouble. Mistakes happen but they really came through on fixing it. Looking at how much longer the corners are I am surprised how long it took me to realize they were wrong.

C77C2226-A0FF-4FAC-8CAB-32CF0E31E881.jpeg

So it’s starting to get dark so much earlier I am realizing the Jeep really could use better lights. I figured I had two choices for really improving the lighting, I could either tape my cell phone with the flashlight on to the hood or buy some aftermarket LED lights. I figure both would be a strong improvement to the stock lights. This time I decided to order some VisionX LED headlights and driving lights. I look forward to trying them out everyone seems to love them.

In other news Savvy really came through on my replacement corners they were already here this morning with all missing hardware and a shirt thrown in for my trouble. Mistakes happen but they really came through on fixing it. Looking at how much longer the corners are I am surprised how long it took me to realize they were wrong.

View attachment 122646
what, no hat?