Midnight LJR Build

It has 5 lugs again.
3C52A234-FF4F-4B8A-B44B-D2E75F1E65C3.jpeg

Also, my jeep is awesome. That is all.
31069277-5B42-4F2E-8C26-FD46A5C5F012.jpeg

I picked it up for $18,000 I was really happy with that price as most around Sacramento are asking 25k for ones with way more miles.
sounds like a good deal. I paid 12k for a 2001 TJ sport 4.0, 4k over book value. with 99k miles, probably more miles since they has 32's on it. But other than that is was a clean bean never been off road, and some new paint.

View attachment 306642
Great time testing out the trailer in Death Valley this weekend.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/death-valley-trailers-maiden-voyage.59313/#post-1054354
Here’s a quick video of it in action.
If there were drawings of this trailer build I have a relative with the skills to build me one, I certainly don't. Only difference is I'd run the rack for my fishing kayak and have a stand-alone tent. There are some thing I really should have learned years ago.
I like the simplicity of it.

If there were drawings of this trailer build I have a relative with the skills to build me one, I certainly don't. Only difference is I'd run the rack for my fishing kayak and have a stand-alone tent. There are some thing I really should have learned years ago.
I like the simplicity of it.

I plan to make another rack I can set on for kayaks for sure. Not sure I’ll continue with a roof top tent on it. Kind of a pain with the kids.

I did quite a few modifications but if you check out Dinoot.com they send you a basic frame plan.

This last trip got me thinking I really should have some basic spare parts for the trailer.

I have seen many broken leaf springs on the trail. As of now I am thinking I will get spare U Bolts, and throw a spare spring in the tongue box.

Would a spare hub for the axle make since? It’s a 3500lb axle so not sure I’ll ever have a problem. But I know being off road is a lot harder on it. Maybe it’s something that’s better handled by maintenance. But it would sure be a bummer to ever have to leave our trailer and all of our camping gear somewhere like that poor guy in Death Valley.

Reactions: DrDmoney
This last trip got me thinking I really should have some basic spare parts for the trailer.

I have seen many broken leaf springs on the trail. As of now I am thinking I will get spare U Bolts, and throw a spare spring in the tongue box.

Would a spare hub for the axle make since? It’s a 3500lb axle so not sure I’ll ever have a problem. But I know being off road is a lot harder on it. Maybe it’s something that’s better handled by maintenance. But it would sure be a bummer to ever have to leave our trailer and all of our camping gear somewhere like that poor guy in Death Valley.
Maybe not a spare hub, but a spare set of bearing, packed and safely sealed might not be a bad idea.

Reactions: Midnight LJR

I would make the spare tire holder out of a spindle and hub/bearing assembly. Then you could swap out a hub and bearings quickly and weld a spindle on if needed. Trailer parts are pretty cheap.

Maybe not a spare hub, but a spare set of bearing, packed and safely sealed might not be a bad idea.
He needs a complete spare hub, bearings, washer, spindle nut, cotter pin and anything else one side needs including some grease. If you have a problem where you would use a bearing, there is a very small chance that the hub won't be damaged because you didn't catch it in time. The hub needs the wheel studs pressed in with lug nuts on each stud.

Reactions: NskLJ and lBasket
I would make the spare tire holder out of a spindle and hub/bearing assembly. Then you could swap out a hub and bearings quickly and weld a spindle on if needed. Trailer parts are pretty cheap.
Solid reason right there to design the axle around bolt on spindles.

Reactions: NskLJ
He needs a complete spare hub, bearings, washer, spindle nut, cotter pin and anything else one side needs including some grease. If you have a problem where you would use a bearing, there is a very small chance that the hub won't be damaged because you didn't catch it in time. The hub needs the wheel studs pressed in with lug nuts on each stud.
Exactly, everything right there holding the spare tire. You need a spare mount anyway might as well kill two bird. I had a small trailer without brake and with the welded spindle it also had a brake flange mounted on the spindle. I would think you could cut off a damaged spindle and bolt the two flanges together to get off the trail and even home.

Reactions: Midnight LJR