Ouch. Looks like it's time to bust out the hammer and slap some corners on.

Was it hot on the trail? I can't wait to get on the rubicon again.
Yup, very hot, shorts and shirt weather, even at night...

• Wow
Reactions: Alex01
Had some time today to massage the rear AntiRock arm back into its correct position. One big vice and one BFH did the trick.
IMG_3965.jpeg

IMG_3966.jpeg

Unfortunately, the sheet metal back there on passenger rear is a mess, I will deal with it over the winter, once I figure out which corner armor to get. Probably stick with Savvy. The corner armor is typically 3/16", which will push out my Hansen rear bumper tire carrier 3/16" but not the bumper itself, unless I shim it out at the crossmember 3/16". Not very enticing. There is not much adjustment that can be made to have tire carrier swing properly and I hate to test it out and have it not work smoothly because there would be 2 holes in the corner armor I would have had to drill for the tire carrier bracket that wouldn't be needed. Or, I could cut into the armor to accommodate the bracket. Or, I might just have to replace it with a MORyde tire carrier and a different bumper. Lighten the load back there would definitely help, I could perform the butt crack surgery while I am at it. :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband and Alex01
Had some time today to massage the rear AntiRock arm back into its correct position. One big vice and one BFH did the trick.
View attachment 265381
View attachment 265382
Unfortunately, the sheet metal back there on passenger rear is a mess, I will deal with it over the winter, once I figure out which corner armor to get. Probably stick with Savvy. The corner armor is typically 3/16", which will push out my Hansen rear bumper tire carrier 3/16" but not the bumper itself, unless I shim it out at the crossmember 3/16". Not very enticing. There is not much adjustment that can be made to have tire carrier swing properly and I hate to test it out and have it not work smoothly because there would be 2 holes in the corner armor I would have had to drill for the tire carrier bracket that wouldn't be needed. Or, I could cut into the armor to accommodate the bracket. Or, I might just have to replace it with a MORyde tire carrier and a different bumper. Lighten the load back there would definitely help, I could perform the butt crack surgery while I am at it. :unsure:
That's a cool vise. Probably per WW2. That quality is not available today.

That's a cool vise. Probably per WW2. That quality is not available today.
Funny you say that as I I love that vise and the table it came with. I went to a commercial business who specializes in offloading commercial businesses. The work table and vise were loaded into my pickup with a forklift, I paid the guy $200 for all. I think scrap alone is worth $500 as the table the vise is attached to is very heavy.

Spent a couple of hours today replacing my front Currie AntiRock with a SwayLOC, HUGE difference! Not a slight difference in how the Jeep handles on road now, a massive difference! Hard to believe this TJ can handle any better but it does!

First off, the SwayLOC came packaged very nicely, decent directions and all the bits and pieces were there. Fit and finish of the product is nice. Install couldn't have been easier. Spent 30 mins taking off the Antirock and an hour and a half installing the SwayLOC. No problems with the install.

IMG_3978.jpeg

My only gripe would be this:
IMG_3976.jpeg

the sticker engineer either had a bad day, or was hungover. I will remove the sticker when I get a chance.

All that said means I will have this up for sale in a couple of weeks:
IMG_3979.jpeg

Front Antirock is 3 years old and has about 5000 miles on it.

I have ordered Savvy corner guards and have in hand Genright Body mount lift kit brackets. Those will be winter projects to tackle along with redoing my exhaust.

In trying to solve the higher crawl ratio problem I think I want, I spoke with SilverSport Transmission regarding the Tremec 4050HD and have determined it won't fit (too long) in my Rubicon. Installing an Atlas transfer case is too much trouble, so I am resigned to the 78:1 crawl ratio I currently have. And, as much as I would like to have more HP's under the hood, reliability is too much of concern of mine to swap anything new into my Jeep.

Lastly, for those that asked about my vise, it is an Athol Mfg mdl #625:
IMG_3968.jpeg

IMG_3967.jpeg

Spent a couple of hours today replacing my front Currie AntiRock with a SwayLOC, HUGE difference! Not a slight difference in how the Jeep handles on road now, a massive difference! Hard to believe this TJ can handle any better but it does!

First off, the SwayLOC came packaged very nicely, decent directions and all the bits and pieces were there. Fit and finish of the product is nice. Install couldn't have been easier. Spent 30 mins taking off the Antirock and an hour and a half installing the SwayLOC. No problems with the install.

View attachment 267127
View attachment 267128
the sticker engineer either had a bad day, or was hungover. I will remove the sticker when I get a chance.

View attachment 267130

I have ordered Savvy corner guards and have in hand Genright Body mount lift kit brackets. Those will be winter projects to tackle along with redoing my exhaust.

In trying to solve the higher crawl ratio problem I think I want, I spoke with SilverSport Transmission regarding the Tremec 4050HD and have determined it won't fit (too long) in my Rubicon. Installing an Atlas transfer case is too much trouble, so I am resigned to the 78:1 crawl ratio I currently have. And, as much as I would like to have more HP's under the hood, reliability is too much of concern of mine to swap anything new into my Jeep.

View attachment 267137
View attachment 267138
I’m local and would be interested in the anti rock when you are ready.

View attachment 267127
View attachment 267128

View attachment 267130

View attachment 267137
View attachment 267138
Had I known you needed a Swayloc I could have picked one up and saved you shipping.

• Haha
Reactions: mvigo

View attachment 267127
View attachment 267128

View attachment 267130

View attachment 267137
View attachment 267138
What would a regear to 5.38 set you back? That would bump you up to 86:1