You don't know what you don't know, but now that I DO know, yes, I would wholeheartedly agree with you, assuming, of course, everyone wants a really good, well mannered TJ that drives better than the OEM version...
It's difficult to believe until you experience it first hand!

I've got some work to do in the coming months...
IMG_4127.jpeg

and, for those that would like to know more about the history of the Rubicon Trail, I found this podcast to be interesting: History of Rubicon Trail

not TJ related but, came across this gem today, Sierra Trek, Fordyce Trail creek crossing, 2010...

Is that you and Morgan? I can only hope I have these videos with my kids in 10+ years! Can't wait to make it out there eventually for the Rubicon trail and Fordyce!

Reactions: Alex01
Is that you and Morgan? I can only hope I have these videos with my kids in 10+ years! Can't wait to make it out there eventually for the Rubicon trail and Fordyce!
it is, she was 10 in that video, so, don't you worry, the time really does fly by...

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband
I have had some idle time over the last 8 weeks and that has been spent planning out the next few mods I would like to see happen to my TJ. I still have the Savvy corner armor sitting in the shop needing to be installed and will do so when I have enough time to focus on it but certainly before the summer season kicks in. In the meantime, a friend gave me one of those Factor 55 speed fids for which I am thankful for but certainly wouldn't spend the $$ on. It did get me to start practicing using it on some old Viking winch line I have kept after it broke on me years ago. I practiced long buries on it and am now waiting on some tube thimbles to turn the Viking line into 2-25' winch extension lines.

I also rec'd in the mail and installed the TRE safety thimble and hawse fairlead today:
IMG_4557 2.jpeg

for the last several years all I have had was the winch line and soft shackle attached to the winch guard of the bumper. Safety first they say, thus the change. While I was at it, I un-spooled my winch line, cleaned it and the drum and spooled it back nice and neat up a slight incline for tension. I also ditched the heavy shackles since I have really only used soft shackles for the last bunch of years. Lastly, I removed my Hi-Lift jack and replaced with a bottle jack I had in my shop. Just need to fab up some kind of mount for it.
The last big mod of this season will be new front seats. I loved sitting in @Apparition Mastercraft Baja RS's but am waiting to meet up with @Alex01 to try out his PRP recliners. Once I do, I will order whichever set I like best with the hopes they arrive in time for the summer.

Last edited:
I am in the process of prepping my Jeep for summertime wheeling, re-greasing johnny joints, suspension parts, u-joints, replacing fan belt, oil and filter change, and a few other maintenance type items. The one problem I have is I don't have a garage and my vehicles are parked outside with all the critters running around, especially the mice. When replacing my Rubicon's air filter, I noticed the damn mice crawled in through the horn, chewed up the underside of the air filter and began nesting. Fortunately, I caught it early, and they haven't gotten to any wiring harnesses that I can see. My solution for the air filter is this:

IMG_4650.jpeg

...just a piece of 1/8th" hardware cloth I had lying around. My question to any of you who are in the same predicament is what have you used successfully to combat mice invading your vehicles? and we do have a couple cats roaming the property (apparently they are lazy cats)...

I finished greasing the rear johnny joints and suspension, cleaned everything up and put back together, and thanks for the tip @jjvw via @mrblaine, so much easier now to take off/put on Savvy skid plate...hopefully, soon, I will mod the Savvy crossmember so that I can weld in new raised body mounts and fix my right rear wheel well so that I can install my corner armor...

extruded u-nuts:
IMG_4692.jpeg

and a few weeks ago I installed the Stahlbus oil pan plug...
IMG_4694.jpeg

Last edited:
I finished greasing the rear johnny joints and suspension, cleaned everything up and put back together, and thanks for the tip @jjvw via @mrblaine, so much easier now to take off/put on Savvy skid plate...hopefully, soon, I will mod the Savvy crossmember so that I can weld in new raised body mounts and fix my right rear wheel well so that I can install my corner armor...

extruded u-nuts:
View attachment 331606
and a few weeks ago I installed the Stahlbus oil pan plug...
View attachment 331607
I need to do the stahbus valve next oil change. I bought the Fumoto and it doesn't swivel down correctly with the Savvy under armour. I made a GIANT mess in my driveway pulling the valve to change oil.