I probably missed it, but what color are you painting it? Is that primer in the second photo?

Reactions: derekmac
Ohhh, so that is the paint! I actually like it, especially the flat look.

I'm a big fan of how a lot of modern cars are starting to switch to "flat" paints instead of metallics, I think it looks good.
This is one of the pics that helped confirm that this was the color I wanted to go with. There's something about military colors and Jeeps that just works for me.
CJ.jpg

The new Tacoma's also come in tan, and I really like them too.
Tacoma.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
This is one of the pics that helped confirm that this was the color I wanted to go with. There's something about military colors and Jeeps that just works for me.
View attachment 96165

The new Tacoma's also come in tan, and I really like them too.
View attachment 96171

Those new Tacomas come in a lot of awesome colors.

I'm assuming it will be a lot easier to touch-up as well. Seems like touching up a color like this would be easier than a metallic.

Those new Tacomas come in a lot of awesome colors.

I'm assuming it will be a lot easier to touch-up as well. Seems like touching up a color like this would be easier than a metallic.
They really do!

Yep, any touch-up work should be really easy to do.

Reactions: Chris
So I've been thinking about pulling the carpet and bedlining the interior. The carpet is still in really good condition, and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm pretty anal about cleaning it, and making sure the top is up incase of rain, and I usually wheel with the doors on to keep mud from spraying in it. I figure with bedliner down, it'll be easier to clean, and I won't have to worry about water or muck getting in.

The bed-liner looks great in there. What did you use? I’ve been tossing around the idea of bed lining mine and putting the carpet back down over it

The bed-liner looks great in there. What did you use? I’ve been tossing around the idea of bed lining mine and putting the carpet back down over it
I used EZ Liner Truck Bed Coating Kit. From what I could find, it had consistently good reviews on it. I'm keeping rubber floor mats in the front, and I put the carpet back in over the rear wheel wells just to make hiding wiring easier.

So I did pull the carpet and put bedliner down. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but there are a couple of spots that I missed, so I'll have to touch them up.

I also welded up my 8274 mount, and got the winch mounted. I still need to get the wiring done though.
View attachment 104805View attachment 104806View attachment 104807View attachment 104808View attachment 104809View attachment 104810
If you don't mind I may copy that mount. It looks really clean, and cheaper than the high sitting warn one!

Digging the build, can you give some suspension specifics on what your running? What types of shocks & lengths are you running with the RK 3.5 coils. I saw you were getting just about 4” with them, have they settled at all? How about bumpstop a?

I'm still running factory JK shocks. I'm planning on outboarding the rear shocks, and until then, I'll keep running the JK shocks. Time and money both seem to be laking for me, lol.

The RK coils did settle, and with my heavy M8274 on the front, it's sitting at about 3.25" of lift. Bumpstops for the front are 2", and I honestly can't remember for the rear.