Today I went on a little solo run. This is my first time out since putting the new tires on, changing the rear springs and installing the MML and BL.

First impressions with the tires: I can't believe how much smoother they were compared to the 33's. I went to my normal 10psi, but these just handled the bumps and small rocks way better. Much smoother ride!

The Rough Country rear springs I got from a friend also made a big difference. They are WAY stiffer than the Crown Vic springs I had in there, and now when I come down off of something, I'm not hitting the bump stops just about every time. It would bounce before, and the rear end would go down a lot. Now it's nice and controlled.

With the body lift, the tires clear perfectly. I also properly adjusted the rear bump stops when I changed the springs, and they're pretty much spot on now. So overall I'm very happy with everything!

Front bump stop at full compression.
View attachment 55497
View attachment 55498 View attachment 55499
Not fully stuffed, but close.
View attachment 55500 View attachment 55501 View attachment 55502 View attachment 55503 View attachment 55504
Just some pics from the drive.
View attachment 55505 View attachment 55506 View attachment 55507
I made a new friend, lol.
View attachment 55512

Back home :)
View attachment 55509
I like this build. 4.75” overall Lift, 35’s. Skid, it’s really coming together. Nice job. Something to aspire too

Reactions: derekmac
Thanks guys!

Yesterday I went out with the Jeep Club for a little run, and got to test it out pretty good. Super happy with it. No real wheeling pics, but here are some to look at.

CC968D7B-D853-42AE-9755-04D72F402ED8.jpeg EFDA9090-7898-4830-BE2E-E30C7E4EDF26.jpeg F06504DC-F7D9-4BF9-B8D3-915794500B77.jpeg 34545BCC-25A7-43F4-9285-BDCDC1522BA5.jpeg CC2DEFB7-CD83-4F5E-A594-C25A9629E4CA.jpeg A5565879-3D2F-451F-8D2F-F41276268078.jpeg 1B94C009-6F98-4648-A4EE-29083074D15E.jpeg 0FFF7FD4-048A-4029-A3E0-27A57CE0AF84.jpeg 64264909-D94A-47C3-A7E7-690DF58746EA.jpeg 43D0272C-E7DC-4F48-8CDF-63697FF25866.jpeg 389A6012-60EE-4500-9FE7-B4D3352E704F.jpeg

Today I was able to get my new Rock Krawler 3.5" Triple Rate coil springs in the front and install my JKS track bar.

Old 2" spacer and V8 ZJ springs:
IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

Stock track bar:
IMG_0595.JPG

The picture doesn't show just how much beefier the JKS track bar is!
IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

Springs, spacers and track bar out:
IMG_0598.JPG

Getting it put back together:
IMG_0599.JPG

Jacking the axle up on the drivers side gave plenty of room to get the drill in to drill the hole out:
IMG_0600.JPG

Everything is put back together, just doing a final check to make sure I didn't miss anything:
IMG_0603.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

Sitting next to the wifes Fiat, lol:
IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

Reactions: JMT and KCsTJ
Today I was able to get my new Rock Krawler 3.5" Triple Rate coil springs in the front and install my JKS track bar.

Old 2" spacer and V8 ZJ springs:
View attachment 58830
View attachment 58831

Stock track bar:
View attachment 58832

The picture doesn't show just how much beefier the JKS track bar is!
View attachment 58833
View attachment 58834

Springs, spacers and track bar out:
View attachment 58835

Getting it put back together:
View attachment 58836

Jacking the axle up on the drivers side gave plenty of room to get the drill in to drill the hole out:
View attachment 58837

Everything is put back together, just doing a final check to make sure I didn't miss anything:
View attachment 58838
View attachment 58839
View attachment 58840
View attachment 58841

Sitting next to the wifes Fiat, lol:
View attachment 58842
View attachment 58843
View attachment 58844
View attachment 58845
View attachment 58846
How much lift did you get out of the new springs? Looks good!

Not being critical, but wondering, are some extended sway bar links, quick discos or ARock in your future?

I like your rig.

How much lift did you get out of the new springs? Looks good!

Not being critical, but wondering, are some extended sway bar links, quick discos or ARock in your future?

I like your rig.
Thanks! They gave just a hair under 4", and I expect they'll probably settle to 3.5".

Oh yes, I definitely need to get rid of the stock sway bar links. I'd love an ARock, but that won't be in the budget for a while. I'll probably just get some cheap extended links for now.

I like what you've done with the reverse light, it is a very neat and tidy setup. I have stock housing on the rear and even with LED bulbs the light output is poor. Definitely doing this in the future.

I like what you've done with the reverse light, it is a very neat and tidy setup. I have stock housing on the rear and even with LED bulbs the light output is poor. Definitely doing this in the future.
They really made a huge difference backing up at night!

I went to rotate my tires and I noticed that the driver side axle u-joint needed to be changed. This is the same one I lost a cap on a couple of years ago wheeling, and had to drive it with the missing cap. The stub shaft got a bit messed up then, and the u-joint needed to be welded in. I'm waiting for a new stub shaft to arrive (should be tomorrow) so I can get it all put back together.

While I was waiting, I deceided to install a switch panel I bought on Amazon a while ago for $10.

IMG_0660.JPG
IMG_0661.JPG
IMG_0667.JPG
IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0669.JPG

Went on a run yesterday. Did one trail that I haven't done in a few years, and two that I have never done. It was a great day of very tight wooded trails, which I just happen to love!

IMG_0683.JPGIMG_0684.JPGIMG_0688.JPGIMG_0689.JPGIMG_0696.JPGIMG_0699.JPGIMG_0718.JPG

Reactions: JMT and Chris
Gotta love Crown land and very open land access laws. ;) The entire country having a lower population than California helps keep things open too, lol.

Now I can only speak for my province regarding the land access, but we do have an incredible amount of trails, and they range from easy and wide open, to full on buggy (far from street legal) type stuff and everything in between.

I'm under a 30min drive to the city (Halifax), and I can get to multiple different wheeling locations in under 15min.

Reactions: JMT
You guys have too much fun! ;)
And part of today's fun included me almost going on my side, the Zuk breaking a t-case mount and having his alternator stop working, the big Ford ripped his fuel lines off, busted a tail light and added a few more dents. So it was a good day!! :)

This is considered a buggy trail, though it does have bypasses for the harder stuff. Everyone had a winch, and every winch was well used today. Lots of ice covered steep rock faces.

Reactions: Chris
And part of today's fun included me almost going on my side, the Zuk breaking a t-case mount and having his alternator stop working, the big Ford ripped his fuel lines off, busted a tail light and added a few more dents. So it was a good day!! :)

This is considered a buggy trail, though it does have bypasses for the harder stuff. Everyone had a winch, and every winch was well used today. Lots of ice covered steep rock faces.

I was going to ask if that truck was too big! It seemed like that thing might not be able to make it some of the places a smaller TJ would.

It most be colder than hell out there... You guys must have heated jackets and some damn warm gloves when you're out doing the recovery and trail repairs. I know I'd be freezing my butt off!

I was going to ask if that truck was too big! It seemed like that thing might not be able to make it some of the places a smaller TJ would.

It most be colder than hell out there... You guys must have heated jackets and some damn warm gloves when you're out doing the recovery and trail repairs. I know I'd be freezing my butt off!
It is a big ass truck, but he's taken it through places that it shouldn't have fit. Well technically it didn't fit until the sides were caved in, lol.

It wasn't bad today, only -8C (17F). But yes, we all have pretty good winter gear to wear.

Reactions: IPerkWVU and Chris
It is a big ass truck, but he's taken it through places that it shouldn't have fit. Well technically it didn't fit until the sides were caved in, lol.

It wasn't bad today, only -8C (17F). But yes, we all have pretty good winter gear to wear.

Only 17F... haha. You're braver than I am. I try to avoid the cold, because I always end up freezing my ass off. I hate the feeling of not being able to feel my fingertips. When I was in boot camp in the Arm, I remember that feeling all too well. Being up at 5 AM out at the rifle range, trying to qualify at the rifle range, but barely being able to do so, because I literally couldn't feel my trigger finger next to the cold steel of my M4 carbine... oh man, that brings back unpleasant memories! Haha