Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

Nick this has me concerned you're not going to make the Gold Mountain run in a couple weeks...

Booking the airbnb tonight amigo. I’m only doing the dash harness this weekend. I’m still waiting on my transmission mount and radiator and torque converter bushing so can’t start the swap until those get in anyway. I’ll be there in bear for the run! I’ll just have to manually shift gears like a savage.

Or is this your way of saying you think it’s going to take me that long to swap the harness… 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
Booking the airbnb tonight amigo. I’m only doing the dash harness this weekend. I’m still waiting on my transmission mount and radiator and torque converter bushing so can’t start the swap until those get in anyway. I’ll be there in bear for the run! I’ll just have to manually shift gears like a savage.

Or is this your way of saying you think it’s going to take me that long to swap the harness… 🤔

Sweet, glad you can make it! I thought you were doing the whole job, trans swap and everything.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
IMG_1149.jpeg
Anyone know what these are called or have a link to the right ones? My old harness has them every 6 inches or so and my new harness has zero.

I attached everything with some stainless hex head bolts and nylon lock nuts. Installed the switches as place holders for now, and since you loose the outlet on the second pod with this modification I installed the little rocker switch that I’ll use for who knows what later on. I found out about that little nugget from @starkey480. All in all I’m really pleased with how it turned out. If you’re thinking of doing this go slow and take off a little bit at a time until you get the fit right. This project could’ve easily went south.

IMG_1161.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

71781965026__0268427D-7FBD-4045-9EE9-537B0BC2134F.jpeg

IMG_1164.jpeg

I attached everything with some stainless hex head bolts and nylon lock nuts. Installed the switches as place holders for now, and since you loose the outlet on the second pod with this modification I installed the little rocker switch that I’ll use for who knows what later on. I found out about that little nugget from @starkey480. All in all I’m really pleased with how it turned out. If you’re thinking of doing this go slow and take off a little bit at a time until you get the fit right. This project could’ve easily went south.

View attachment 461904

View attachment 461906

View attachment 461905

View attachment 461907

I'd tried to do this years ago and ended up making mine FUBAR..... It was a major failure on my part. But it's always been one of the COOL mods I've liked. Good job and you make it look easy.

I'd tried to do this years ago and ended up making mine FUBAR..... It was a major failure on my part. But it's always been one of the COOL mods I've liked. Good job and you make it look easy.

Thanks Rick!

Reactions: Wildman
Got the new to me automatic wire harness in and the dash buttoned back up. I wish I had done this mod sooner, looks way better than the ash tray.

View attachment 462560

Twins!

This is my 05 TJR. You can see the cuts on the bezel I made. It looks nicer on the older bezel like you did, but I was happy with this.

1696292599257.png