California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Where about are you thinking. I’ve gone up the M-10 out of Stoneyford almost to Letts Lake but stayed right on the split and on up to the Snow Mountain wilderness path ( big washout) then we went down to Bear camp and skinny dipped in Bear Creek but that’s as far as we made it before we headed back

Where about are you thinking. I’ve gone up the M-10 out of Stoneyford almost to Letts Lake but stayed right on the split and on up to the Snow Mountain wilderness path ( big washout) then we went down to Bear camp and skinny dipped in Bear Creek but that’s as far as we made it before we headed back

We are going to be at the southern most end of Mendo National. We'll head up Elk Mt.(301) and go to Deer Valley camp, then east down French Ridge, then thru Twin Valleys and out thru Bartlett Springs Rd. or some variation of that. Might come out thru Spring Valley/Long Valley, or High Valley. Haven't quite decided yet.

Reactions: Thunderhead
Cool yea that will be fun. I haven’t roamed that area too much. Is there a problem with private property on some of those trails ? I’ve heard some real doozies about people putting up gates

Cool yea that will be fun. I haven’t roamed that area too much. Is there a problem with private property on some of those trails ? I’ve heard some real doozies about people putting up gates

Yep, there is a fair amount of that. Sucks when you hit a trail and come to a locked gate. I know you know how that feels, lol!

You should head up Friday night and camp at Bear Creek or Penny Pines campground, then you can meet up with us Saturday. Your drive to the meet up at Chevron is only a 1hr. 48min. drive from Orland, so that ain't bad either.

So far, I haven't been able to find a trail that will get us to Spring Valley/Long Valley via Bartlett Springs Rd. I only went as far as Bartlett Summit though, so I'm not giving up yet.

I'm hoping somebody is the official photographer for this trip ?..Us lonewolves need motivation to get a group together. lol

Reactions: bobthetj03
I'm hoping somebody is the official photographer for this trip ?..Us lonewolves need motivation to get a group together. lol

Yep, for reasons that elude me, it's hard to get jeepers together to use their rigs for what they are designed for. I'll keep fighting the good fight.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
It was an unseasonably warm day for February. Didn't take many pics, but here's one.
20180204_135213.jpg

So far, I haven't been able to find a trail that will get us to Spring Valley/Long Valley via Bartlett Springs Rd. I only went as far as Bartlett Summit though, so I'm not giving up yet.
You won't find one. There is not a Road that comes into the back side of Spring Valley.....all private property.

Ok so not written in stone, but kind of a list of who's interested.

bobthetj03
@lowranger
@Rob5589
@Thunderhead
flyinion
x1buellist
Casey
Jude
Adam
Lou Hill

That would be some convoy right there... (Hey there Rubber Duck...Hallelujah! Looks like we've got some long-haired friends of Jesus back there.) :D

Reactions: lowranger
Ok so not written in stone, but kind of a list of who's interested.

bobthetj03
@lowranger
@Rob5589
@Thunderhead
flyinion
x1buellist
Casey
Jude
Adam
Lou Hill

That would be some convoy right there... (Hey there Rubber Duck...Hallelujah! Looks like we've got some long-haired friends of Jesus back there.) :D
You starting in on the goofy juice already @Kiwi TJ ? Lol! It's 5 o-clock somewhere, right?
Shhhhh !!!.hahah..just having flash backs to the best trucking movie ever...and picturing you all you guys on CB's looking out for smokeys

Shhhhh !!!.hahah..just having flash backs to the best trucking movie ever...and picturing you all you guys on CB's looking out for smokeys

We've had a few good caravans over the years.
lc8.JPG

P1050042.JPG

20160510_105938.jpg

20150619_195740.jpg

2.jpg

032.JPG