California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Not a suggestion but question really. Does anyone know if they close/closed Corral Hollow OHV Trail off HWY4? Anyone been that way recently?
We went down through several spots in Greenly Hill/Yosemite last weekend only to get turned around due to downed trees. Most of them being fire roads which the Ranger says they don't clear until spring. Wasn't sure if the OHV Trails were a different story.
Well I do know in El Dorado national forest all the dirt trails are closed during the rainy season and are only open to tracked vehicles, I’m not sure if the hwy 4 corridor has a wet weather closure but I think corral hollow is completely buried in snow now, but I know that sour grass trail is open , that’s right above Arnold

Reactions: D M
Well I do know in El Dorado national forest all the dirt trails are closed during the rainy season and are only open to tracked vehicles, I’m not sure if the hwy 4 corridor has a wet weather closure but I think corral hollow is completely buried in snow now, but I know that sour grass trail is open , that’s right above Arnold
Looks like I need to make a run up there before the snow melts. Short little day trip with some good Mexican food on the way home.
Have not heard back from the rangers on Corral Hollow but looks like people have been running Sour Grass. Thanks for the suggestion.

I would check because I would think that Sour Grass would be under a lot of snow

Quick question for everyone though since im not quite clear, What is the plan if/any for this weekend?

Quick question for everyone though since im not quite clear, What is the plan if/any for this weekend?
We were waiting to see what the weather is going to give us. Cow Mt. may be closed still, which could leave us with Knoxville, or Mendo National for exploring. If this storm coming Thursday night brings snow, then there will likely be some at the higher elevations.

You guys are building beyond the limits of my POS! Guess I'll have to stick to the bunny slopes. :cry:
You guys are building beyond the limits of my POS! Guess I'll have to stick to the bunny slopes. :cry:
Don't worry I will post this sign at the beginning of each trail so you will be fine

51KswV5G84L._AC_.jpg