NP231 doubler / crawlbox

I drilled a new hole in the inspection cover. Then used a fitting with a nut under the cover.
I agree with Golly - I'd modify the cover before touching the case. If you damage the cover, or discovery the plug location doesn't work, it's much easier and cheaper to replace the cover. You could also do a weld in bung with a plug.

Reactions: someguysjeep
maybe i should just snag the cover from NWF. i could weld a bung on the current cover but it'd have to be on the exterior. it being a PTO cover puts that gear close enough the stock cover is shaved inside, so i don't think i have the option of intrusion.
i do have some 3/8" 6061 i could tinker with.
you don't see the bottom of the case with the flat bar present, i wanted it to show the outputs holes fairly level, the PTO end is elevated about an inch (maybe a hair more) off the table. so the far end of the PTO cover might could work.

Uh oh.

B342EE73-F4EC-4005-BEF7-B6CDFE4329D9.png

• Sad
Reactions: JMT
But it is it the beginning of the end? How much will folks pay?
ha, it's already a deep pockets game and always a player that wants the action and a reason the rest of us try to rework salvaged parts.

in my instance i've dropped enough fuel weight to compensate for the stock case, so no way in hell i'd be lookin to drop 1700 on an empty case.

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
More but not the end of the world. Gotcha, thanks. Honestly, I'm just waiting for some real world reviews hopefully from somebody with a TJ and I'll buy one.

Throw in some cable shifters and you are at $4k.
Flipping a 300 yourself and adding the 4-1 gears and upgraded outputs may save you around $1k.

Reactions: Wildman
If your running stock TJ power you should be ok with stock outputs. That puts the price around $2k depending on how much you spend on a case.

Reactions: Wildman
well some good news i should have remembered. that shelf i pointed out to maybe put a fill plug in...............well it already has a hole so does the other side of the case in the same notch, these holes were for access to the detent rods and could be used to fill the case.

so i don't think anything else is needed, and won't bother messin with the PTO cover. it's ready for masking and paint.

274134780_340523557986443_6734927076242052848_n.jpg

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
Help me out here y'all. What aftermarket TC skid would I need to run with either a stock case Dana 300 or an aftermarket Dana 300 case. I ask because I am waiting for the Savvy TC skid to come back in stock.

Help me out here y'all. What aftermarket TC skid would I need to run with either a stock case Dana 300 or an aftermarket Dana 300 case. I ask because I am waiting for the Savvy TC skid to come back in stock.
Pretty sure you're in the custom fab world regardless.

Reactions: RINC