Oklahoma Oklahoma members

Just joined the site and the TJ family. I'm in Tulsa and looking to get out and about soon.

Probably keep it tame for a while with 31s and 2" coil spacers! Ha ha. But I do like a challenge. Last year we took a stock 21 Sierra AT4 on 265/65R18s over Elephant Hill in Canyonlands. That was a blast! SOB Hill lived up to its name with that long wheelbase! My wife and I joke that we trauma bonded on that trip.

I would love to do Robbers Cave this fall, but my jeep is experiencing crappy MPG (9-10mpg) at the moment, dont know what why yet. I wish someone was close to me to collaborate and bounce ideas.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I would love to do Robbers Cave this fall, but my jeep is experiencing crappy MPG (9-10mpg) at the moment, dont know what why yet. I wish someone was close to me to collaborate and bounce ideas.

you been down the road to Gruber? I haven't but I'm curious. It's not much farther from me than Crossbar and I have a buddy in Tulsa that would ride along if I went and one in Tahlequah that would probably join in. I'd planned on doing it already but I'm trying to get over an aggravated joint in my neck and driving sucks right now.

Catalytic converter failing?

I'm headed to Moab in a week or so, but would meet y'all at Gruber upon my return.

There's a short trail, maybe 1/3 of a mile, surprisingly difficult compared to the rest of the park

Catalytic converter failing?

Hey Apparition! its been awhile...since Moab!
I replaced all 4 O2 sensors with NGK's and also both upstream and downstream catalytic converters with the flowmaster kit, still nothing.... Engine starts up beautifully, but it feels like the power is bogged down and slow acceleration on highway...
sound like alot of users here experience the same issue I have.. but never report back if/how they fixed their issues.

I just filled up again last night.....9.1MPG, I can barely get 150-160miles to the tank.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
I replaced all 4 O2 sensors with NGK's and also both upstream and downstream catalytic converters with the flowmaster kit, still nothing.... Engine starts up beautifully, but it feels like the power is bogged down and slow acceleration on highway...and I have a nasty vibration somewhere in the front when I roll out from a stop to about 5-10mph then it goes away until I stop again. I also had both of my axles overhauled in January.
sound like alot of users here experience the same issue I have.. but never report back if/how they fixed their issues.

I just filled up again last night.....9.1MPG, I can barely get 150-160miles to the tank.

I replaced all 4 O2 sensors with NGK's and also both upstream and downstream catalytic converters with the flowmaster kit, still nothing.... Engine starts up beautifully, but it feels like the power is bogged down and slow acceleration on highway...

Yes, it has been a while. That was a great trip.

Looks like you've done everything I would have thought of. Have you connected a scanner to it?

If you haven't already you should post this in general for more visibility.

you been down the road to Gruber? I haven't but I'm curious. It's not much farther from me than Crossbar and I have a buddy in Tulsa that would ride along if I went and one in Tahlequah that would probably join in. I'd planned on doing it already but I'm trying to get over an aggravated joint in my neck and driving sucks right now.

I just subbed to your YT

Robbers is nice!! I don't remember it being very big or difficult, but it would be a great place to test out your gear!

Talimena drive isn't that far off!

Reactions: LJMolina
Glad to find some OK jeeps. Moved here 3 years ago from Tennessee and a very active Jeep group.
Original owner of a 2004 LJ with a mild build. DPG Ultimate TJ/LJ lift on 33s. 4.88 gears and factory LSD in rear. Factory Rubicon rocker guards. ZJ tie rod upgrade.
Did a Jeep Jamboree in Slade KY before it was discontinued and spent a lot of time at Turkey Bay OHV park in Land Between the Lakes KY.
Would like to hit Disney at some point or a few milder trails, 5 or 6 on a 10 scale.

It's probably going to be crawling with JK mall crawlers and salesmen trying to get me to bite on a new JL but I'm going to check out Midwest Jeepfest in Guthrie next weekend because it's not even 10 miles from my house. They supposedly have an off-road course, as well as an area for RC crawlers, and of course my kids will always enjoy inflatables.

I'll let you guys know if there's a Savvy tent. 🤣

Glad to find some OK jeeps. Moved here 3 years ago from Tennessee and a very active Jeep group.
Original owner of a 2004 LJ with a mild build. DPG Ultimate TJ/LJ lift on 33s. 4.88 gears and factory LSD in rear. Factory Rubicon rocker guards. ZJ tie rod upgrade.
Did a Jeep Jamboree in Slade KY before it was discontinued and spent a lot of time at Turkey Bay OHV park in Land Between the Lakes KY.
Would like to hit Disney at some point or a few milder trails, 5 or 6 on a 10 scale.

Disney is good. Its a free for all, gotta pay attention to washouts and the rocks are very sharp!

Disney is good. Its a free for all, gotta pay attention to washouts and the rocks are very sharp!

My least favorite thing about Disney was the water crossing to get to the area under the west dam. Had to have a good spotter ride shotgun and help spot the holes so I didn't roll us into the water and drown us all.

Next time I'll probably just stay east of the river, that's where all the trails are anyway.