Optima Customer Service

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
I bought a Optima battery charger for my toy hauler.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ult-150-40008/overview/

It is like a battery tender, but there is some voodoo magic involved. Maybe just for Optimas I am not sure, but I ran my RV Optima battery all the way down below 8V and nothing would bring it back to life. I put a Schumacher on it, and it wouldn't go above 8, then I left a tender on it for 5 days never went above 8 volts.

So I was reading a review of this charger and someone said that it brought dead Optimas back to life, and since I wanted a dedicated trickle charger for my toy hauler, I decided to give it a shot.

I hooked it up to my dead Optima and sure enough in just a few hours it creeped up to 9 then 10 volts. I left it on over night, and the next morning 12.9, then the next day 13 + volts again. I am still running this battery in my toy hauler.

I bought this charger because I am running dual Optimas in my TJ, dual Optimas in my Ram, and dual Optimas in my toy hauler. Now that I think about it, I should buy stock in Optima hehe

It comes with ends you can bolt onto the battery and plug into the charger or clamps that plug into the charger and after the first time I used the clamps they stopped working. Since the unit still works good, I didn't want to send it back, so I wrote Optima an email stating that the clamps didn't work after the first use. They took a while to get back to me, but I just got an email asking for my address, so they can send me new ones. They didn't even ask for proof of purchase or even where I bought it. Just going to send me new ones.

I am pretty stoked about that. I just wanted to post this in case this interests anybody, because I like to read about good service, so I like to write about it too.

Also I would recommend this charger to anybody that has an Optima.

I’ve steered clear of Optimas after some things Jerry brought up a while back about how they’ve gone to crap now, compared to what they used to be. However, it’s nice to know their customer service is still good!

I’ve steered clear of Optimas after some things Jerry brought up a while back about how they’ve gone to crap now, compared to what they used to be. However, it’s nice to know their customer service is still good!

You are actually the second person to say that, but I haven't had that experience myself. I have had nothing but good luck with them.
I had one that I sold with my old Jeep that was over 6 years old and still cranking along. I used it as an aux battery in my old YJ.

They just raised their prices this year to be competitive with odyssey, so they better step up their game if they have a bad reputation because now there is no reason to buy an optima over an odyssey. it used to be more than 100 dollars cheaper now it is like 20 bucks cheaper.

I just bought a new one for my aux for my TJ and a bluetop for my toy hauler. So we will see how they hold out.

You are actually the second person to say that, but I haven't had that experience myself. I have had nothing but good luck with them.
I had one that I sold with my old Jeep that was over 6 years old and still cranking along. I used it as an aux battery in my old YJ.

They just raised their prices this year to be competitive with odyssey, so they better step up their game if they have a bad reputation because now there is no reason to buy an optima over an odyssey. it used to be more than 100 dollars cheaper now it is like 20 bucks cheaper.

I just bought a new one for my aux for my TJ and a bluetop for my toy hauler. So we will see how they hold out.

Interesting! I used to run Optima batteries all the time, but that was 7+ years ago, so I can't comment on them recently. I am however certainly not oppose to running one, that's for sure. I know the Odyssey battery for my Jeep is close to $300!