Dead Optima Battery

Do you have the battery temperature sensor in your TJ? If it is present, the PCM will target charging at a noticeably higher voltage, which may explain why your battery lasted so long.

A lower voltage won't outright kill the battery, just shorten its useful life.
Yes. I heard it was no longer included starting in 05-06, is that correct?

Optima isn’t the same company they were when they were the best around. Now it’s just a name riding on a wave that was created a long time ago. I wouldn’t spend money on an Optima these days.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Ha Ha... Northstar reminds me of a Cadillac Engine.

Yea, that too. But the Northstar Horizon computer predated it by a decade or more. There was also a short lived Northstar Advantage that was quite nice, until the clunky IBM blew it out of the water.

Yea, that too. But the Northstar Horizon computer predated it by a decade or more. There was also a short lived Northstar Advantage that was quite nice, until the clunky IBM blew it out of the water.

Didn't know about the Advantage Thanks.

Reactions: Zorba
Didn't know about the Advantage Thanks.

It was pretty cool - it was one of the first "integrated" or "all in one" systems that were starting to come out then. Then IBM introduced their disasterous PC which took us back to model 1 TRS-80 days - 3 ugly boxes connected by cables. At least the TRS-80's 3 ugly boxes looked like they belonged together, IBM's didn't!

• Haha
Reactions: ColoJeep