Battery Upgrade

Reactions: James C.
AGM wont fully charge on a standard charger, termination voltage is higher. It doesn't matter, your Jeep doesn't fully charge the battery either. AGM is great because flooded cells get damaged if you hit them hard off-road. Most people don't ride on their skids these days so if you don't you will probably do fine with a flooded battery. Bouncing around on your tires and suspension isn't really an issue it's the hard hits on your skids that make you check your fillings that bust plates on a flooded lead acid battery.

I have had many battery's go + or - 10 years (on Harbor Fright Tenders) but never 21 years. Congratulations.
Oh not just one AGM battery. 2 years on present Northstar, 12 years on previous Odyssey manufacturered Diehard Platinum, then I went through 3 Optimas (2 Yellow Tops and 1 Blue Top) in the previous 7 years.

Reactions: 5632
Reactions: James C.
So if not Optima, what battery do the all knowing Jeep owners recommend? (Pretty sure they know who they are, and no I’m not being sarcastic because they have always steered me right)

Odyssey and Northstar are twin brothers, even their battery cases are identical. Northstar is a split off from Odyssey by one of the Odyssey officers. Bosch Platinum is another high end battery. I ended up with a Northstar when I found one locally at a large local battery specialty shop.