SOLD Parting out 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for clarification, are you looking for the duct work under the dash or the vents themselves? I do have a full set of duct work.

Dan
I need at least the defrost duct, I you want to sell all the duct work I wouldn't be opposed. The P.O. of my jeep ripped out all of the hvac stuff for "weight savings" and I'm trying to get some resemblance of a heater back

That wasn't smart (P.O).

I'll snap the photos tomorrow and get back to you. I have them boxed up in my basement.

Dan

Hey all,

Update as of 3/21/2019:

Thanks to all who have purchased parts for me. You guys are really awesome and I hope the parts are suiting you well. I made sure to show Chris some appreciation for having this forum not only for the brotherhood and knowledge sharing but for for folks to sell parts.

This adventure has gone much faster than I could have imagined and I learned a lot by dismantling the Jeep. I was able to make a few dollars that are being invested back into my personal 2000 TJ. I hope to be putting on my suspension in the next few weekends then getting back out in the woods of North GA and TN.

• So.. Here's the basics of what I have left:
  • ITEMS STILL AVAILABLE
  • - NP 231 transfer case
  • - Hood Cowl Steel Blue color paint code PBQ
  • - Gas Tank Fuel Cell (Skid is pending sale)
  • -Front track bar and sway bar
  • -Front Steering Drag Link, steering stabilizer
  • -Stock Suspension
  • -Steering Gear Box
  • - Radiator (fairly new)
  • - Windshield wiper motor and wiper arms
  • - EVAP System
  • - Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder (appears fairly new)
  • -Pedals (Gas, Brake, Clutch)
  • -Cruise Control Servo + control switches on steering wheel + clock spring
  • -misc random little stuff

———————————————————————————
Original Post

I'm finally getting serious about this Donor Jeep I bought to part out. It's a 2001 Sport with clean title and 124,7xx miles on it. Frame is pretty damn rusted and the underside skid plate has broken away from the frame... The rest of the Jeep including the Tub look great. I've sold a number of the little things to a lot of folks here on the forum and through other channels but its time to start moving the rest of the parts.

Here's a little about this Jeep. I met this older gentleman who was selling this Jeep. He brought it to a local Jeep shop to get the tail gate fixed. Reputable Shop (Fortec) called his attention to the frame issues so he just left it where it stood on the lot and didn't want to deal with the Jeep. I tried to get him to do a frame swap and sell it but he didn't want any part of it. After much deliberation with my brother who runs the service and body shop for a major car dealership, I decided to simply buy it, harvest some stuff for myself, and sell the rest to do some upgrades and get a new suspension for my personal TJ. Before purchasing, I ran the carfax and confirmed miles of the car and the clean title which I have.

details: VIN 1J4FA49S21P374437
--Cruise Control components all but the wire harness (servo, clock spring, steering wheel controls are in hand)
-Full Steering column minus the airbag
-Steel Blue color paint code PBQ hoot cowl
-Dash (agate dark grey color) I also have the center radio bezel. One of the vents on the Radio Bezel has 1 louvre that has come loose and doesn't turn with the others.. very minor unless you're OCD (like me)
-Hood has one little small dent that I never noticed until I washed the car but it's there.
-I don't find any rust elsewhere on the body accept for a small spot inside the cabin under where the rear seat was. see tub description below. If I find any, I'll be quick to amend my descriptions and be transparent with you all.
-Going to pull the engine this weekend with the help of an experienced mechanic 4.0L with 124,7xx miles. I have video of it running. It's runs great.
-NP231 transfer case will be pulled this weekend.
-Jeep has a Dana 44 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
-in the back of the tub under the passenger seat, there is some very light surface rust at one of the seams (photo attached)
-Fenders have some paint dulling. The PO had some stupid plastic faux diamond plate thing covering it.

Let me know if you're looking for something. Please be patient with me. I have a family, I coach baseball, and have a full time professional career. This is my hobby so I may be a little slow or uncertain of when I can commit to harvesting a particular part if it's one I need some technical help pulling. I'm reputable as noted by some on this forum whom I've sold parts. I'm not a Jeep expert so don't surprised if you stump me. I'm on this forum about every day so I'll be responsive.

Here's a few photos I took when I got the Jeep and gave it a bath.

Happy to field questions and discuss if there is anything you may want or need. The Jeep is in Atlanta and I'm not really equipped to ship stuff out via Freight. I do make business trips up to the Carolina's and Tennessee about every month or so. If it can fit in my company car (Subaru) I'll consider delivering and getting as close to you as possible during one of my trips.

So just be patient if you would and I'll work with everyone as best I can.

Thanks guys.

Dan

View attachment 72791

View attachment 72793

View attachment 72794

View attachment 72795

View attachment 72796

View attachment 72797

View attachment 72798

View attachment 72799

View attachment 72801

Howdy,

I am wondering if you still have the rear wiper and defroster switches I see pictured on the dash. Additionally, I am hoping to get the connector and a few inches of the electical connector/pigtail to go with the switches. do you have this?

Thanks
Brian

Howdy,

I am wondering if you still have the rear wiper and defroster switches I see pictured on the dash. Additionally, I am hoping to get the connector and a few inches of the electical connector/pigtail to go with the switches. do you have this?

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian,

I sold the ones for this Jeep but have a 1998 TJ Sport parts Jeep I bought about a month ago that has them. I need to hang on to them for a week or so as I need to test why the rear wiper isn't working on the Jeep. I want to make sure everything is in working order so I can appropriately and transparently market the hard top for sale.

Can you potentially hang on a few weeks? I'm slammed with family, work, and Little League and I haven't really gotten out to start parting the Jeep yet. I wouldn't hold you to any commitments if you found something sooner.

Dan

Hi Brian,

I sold the ones for this Jeep but have a 1998 TJ Sport parts Jeep I bought about a month ago that has them. I need to hang on to them for a week or so as I need to test why the rear wiper isn't working on the Jeep. I want to make sure everything is in working order so I can appropriately and transparently market the hard top for sale.

Can you potentially hang on a few weeks? I'm slammed with family, work, and Little League and I haven't really gotten out to start parting the Jeep yet. I wouldn't hold you to any commitments if you found something sooner.

Dan

Dan,

I can wait a bit. I am going to be making my own wiring harness for my jeep to be able to add the rear wiper and defroster switches for the hard top. As you know, I am going to need the pigtail/connector to connect to the stock switches. Please let me know when you have a chance to pull these 2 switches and cut the connector/pigtail off to give me something to splice onto.

Thanks
Brian

Hi there,

For this 2001, I still have the springs, control arms and the front track bar.

I have the front steering Stabilizer links with upgraded Energy Suspension bushings from my personal TJ. The bushings have less than 1,000 miles on them. I just swapped for disconnects when I put my new suspension on this past Memorial Day. I also have springs for this Jeep.

I purchased a 1998 TJ Sport last month for some parts and it has the full stock suspension as well. I've not touched parting that Jeep out yet (waiting till the end of Little League next week to start it)

Between all the above, I bet I'd have you covered.

Let me know what you may need.

Dan

Do you still have stock suspension?

I also just saw your post about maybe looking for a 2" suspension. My personal Jeep had a 2" spacer lift on it. I upgraded my full suspension over the summer so if you want any of my stock suspension components, I'll throw those those into the deal.

Thanks

Dan

I know I need at least a track bar, springs, control arms, sway bars / links ,Factory bolts ...

Hi Sgt,

I do have the cruise control parts available to sell (Servo, Switches, and clock spring, plus some install instructions I found on-line). I do have the steering column but sold the air bag and a relay for the turn signal. Also the leather on the top of the steering wheel , in my opinion, is in poor shape and would need a cover or an upholster to recover.

I harvested the cruise control parts off the steering wheel for someone who was going to buy the cruise control parts but that sale didn't go through so that is why all the parts are separated.

Photos of the cruise control parts below.

I'll take a photo of the steering column and get those over to you via Direct Message.

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_2144.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2146.JPG

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2151.JPG

IMG_2152.JPG

Do you still have the rear seat brackets and seat belts? How much for those?

Do you still have the rear seat brackets and seat belts? How much for those?

I don't have these items from this 2001 but I bought a 1998 Sport last month that may be of interest.

I have the rear seat belts here with me but the female adapter unit that mounts to the floor board was not usable.

I have not yet removed the rear seat brackets from the Jeep and can get to it this weekend if interested in that.

If you have further interest in the rear seat belt part that I do have or the rear seat brackets, let me know and I'll message you some photos.

Thanks

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.