Picking up where I left off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge congrats, look forward to watching your final touches come together. Here is a noob question from a noob? How did you know what size shocks you would go with? Is that something you talked to Blaine about first?

Yes, but also it’s pretty widely accepted that for this particular setup (which is a pretty common build plan these days), 11” front and 12” rear shocks are the ones to use. You can technically fit longer, but like Blaine will tell you, he doesn’t chase numbers.

Reactions: ScottCO and wmblore
My wife is pressuring me to get a 4door something for the kids (especially since with the top on I can’t reach the 1.5yro)... I’m looking at cummin’s trucks but love the mid 2000s power strokes. Seems like later fords are hard to service.
if you have the hard top on and kiddo is rear facing, load kid through the back. this was my default approach. head in and up and sit in the seat. Lots of awesome looks at daycare drop offs/pickups and store runs.

if you have the hard top on and kiddo is rear facing, load kid through the back. this was my default approach. head in and up and sit in the seat. Lots of awesome looks at daycare drop offs/pickups and store runs.

Love it! She is just passing the recommendations for being able to move to forward soon, so that will make it a little easier.

Reactions: Wildman
Found a nice Labor Day sale on a set of American Racing Headers long tube headers for the 4.0. I'm always talking about these things and I'll finally have a set which should work very nicely with the stroker:

https://americanracingheaders.com/collections/tj-jeep/products/jeep-1998-2006-tj-4-0l-long-system
Nick (the owner of ARH) and Golen have said that with just a tune and these headers alone, you should be able to pick up between 20-30 HP at the wheels. I've heard from others who have installed them that the power gain was very noticeable.

Anyways, I'll have them ceramic coated before installing them. I've had very good luck with ceramic coating in the past.

Reactions: RustyAutoholicGuy
Is this to keep the ambient temps down immediately around the pipes?

It’s honestly for no other reason than because I can 🤣

Having ceramic coated headers on past vehicles, the difference is astounding. I’m not sure I’ll gain anything from it, but the finish alone is worth it 👍

Reactions: skrelnik
Found a nice Labor Day sale on a set of American Racing Headers long tube headers for the 4.0. I'm always talking about these things and I'll finally have a set which should work very nicely with the stroker:

https://americanracingheaders.com/collections/tj-jeep/products/jeep-1998-2006-tj-4-0l-long-system
Nick (the owner of ARH) and Golen have said that with just a tune and these headers alone, you should be able to pick up between 20-30 HP at the wheels. I've heard from others who have installed them that the power gain was very noticeable.

Anyways, I'll have them ceramic coated before installing them. I've had very good luck with ceramic coating in the past.

I've had my eye on these for a long time, almost grabbed them now but 5% off wasn't enough of a discount to make a snap decision lol. Can't wait to see your feedback.

• Love
Reactions: Irun
I've had my eye on these for a long time, almost grabbed them now but 5% off wasn't enough of a discount to make a snap decision lol. Can't wait to see your feedback.

The Labor Day sale was 10% off so I took advantage of it. I hear nothing but good stuff and they guarantee they won’t crack otherwise they’ll give you a new set for free.

I can’t wait to install them and see how they perform.

Hmm, now that I think of it though I could ceramic coat the headers and the intake manifold, get a supercharger and that alone would probably greatly mitigate the heat soak.

You only live once, right? 🤣
1599613734332.png

The Labor Day sale was 10% off so I took advantage of it. I hear nothing but good stuff and they guarantee they won’t crack otherwise they’ll give you a new set for free.

I can’t wait to install them and see how they perform.

ahh. Didn’t see that one. Time to subscribe to emails 😂

Did you get them with or without cats?

Status
Not open for further replies.