Picking up where I left off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see you finally getting that thing out and stretching it’s legs! I think the more you get it out and the more comfortable you get wheeling it youll be glad you chose to keep it.

Oh, I already am glad. The FRP tune totally woke this thing up, the 35s no longer feel like such a pain. In fact, I'd almost say that it's even a bit sporty to drive now.

In addition, I've got the PRP Daily Driver Enduro Elite seats on order and a bunch of other stuff going on soon. It wheels very well to say the least.

I need to make some time to install the PSC hydro-assist, ARH headers, and a few other bits and pieces.

So what options did you pick on your PRP seats?

No options, I just went with vinyl to make them easier to clean. But I skipped on the lumbar and the heated feature as I can easily add those myself at a later point if I want.

I got them in grey with yellow side inserts. I think grey will do a good job of hiding all the dust better than black.

Reactions: Apparition
Oh, I already am glad. The FRP tune totally woke this thing up, the 35s no longer feel like such a pain. In fact, I'd almost say that it's even a bit sporty to drive now.

In addition, I've got the PRP Daily Driver Enduro Elite seats on order and a bunch of other stuff going on soon. It wheels very well to say the least.

I need to make some time to install the PSC hydro-assist, ARH headers, and a few other bits and pieces.
Awesome, Those are some nice mods waiting to go on!

No options, I just went with vinyl to make them easier to clean. But I skipped on the lumbar and the heated feature as I can easily add those myself at a later point if I want.

I got them in grey with yellow side inserts. I think grey will do a good job of hiding all the dust better than black.
I figured I’d add heat but need to decide on material and color. Did you have to buy base adapters also?

I figured I’d add heat but need to decide on material and color. Did you have to buy base adapters also?
Yes, I had to buy the adapters so I could use the stock seat rails. I wonder if I’ll be able to retain factory seatbelts? That’s a question I forgot to ask.

I went back and forth on cloth and vinyl, but here in the desert the cloth just absorbs the dust whereas with the vinyl it would just wipe clean.

Reactions: Apparition
Yes, I had to buy the adapters so I could use the stock seat rails. I wonder if I’ll be able to retain factory seatbelts? That’s a question I forgot to ask.

I went back and forth on cloth and vinyl, but here in the desert the cloth just absorbs the dust whereas with the vinyl it would just wipe clean.
Won’t vinyl get hot?

Be careful greasing JJ's at the Zerks. The only damaged JJ's i have ever seen were damaged due to a grease gun. I wouldnt worry too much about it until they start groaning like an old lady. Then you know its time to take them apart. In your climate you should be able to go a long time without needing to re grease them.

Reactions: taylormade73
Be careful greasing JJ's at the Zerks. The only damaged JJ's i have ever seen were damaged due to a grease gun. I wouldnt worry too much about it until they start groaning like an old lady. Then you know its time to take them apart. In your climate you should be able to go a long time without needing to re grease them.

Glad to hear that. To be honest I had heard this about the preferable way of greasing them to be taking them apart and packing them with grease. That’s what I’ll do ultimately, just spend a day removing one arm at a time and greasing the joints. That Johnny Joint tool I ordered should hopefully make it easy.

oh yeah, if they need grease YOU WILL KNOW! It’s a really obnoxious groaning noise as the joints move.

Reactions: taylormade73
So they actually make a lot of noise? Good to know.
oh yeah, if they need grease YOU WILL KNOW! It’s a really obnoxious groaning noise as the joints move.

Perhaps @Lou can confirm this is how his sounded, if not - I have some other crazy stuff going on :D

The camera is mounted near the frame, so there's a chance at least a little of that sound is vibration from it. But it sounds very similar in the cab.

Sounds like the transfer case to me. My joints only made a loud groan / creak when flexing slowly.

I think replacing the stock Currie grease would be a good idea no matter how long they've been on there. It isn't a hard job either.

Not doubting the Currie grease works or saying it is applied wrong, I just think that replacing it with some redline is a good thing to do even on new joints. My joints went from barely being able to be moved with a screwdriver to being able to be moved with some effort just from my fingers. I'm sure the Jeep has no problem rotating them either way.

Reactions: Chris
Sounds like the transfer case to me. My joints only made a loud groan / creak when flexing slowly.

I think replacing the stock Currie grease would be a good idea no matter how long they've been on there. It isn't a hard job either.

Not doubting the Currie grease works or saying it is applied wrong, I just think that replacing it with some redline is a good thing to do even on new joints. My joints went from barely being able to be moved with a screwdriver to being able to be moved with some effort just from my fingers. I'm sure the Jeep has no problem rotating them either way.

I asked Blaine if it was worth it to change the grease right away, he didn't think so. I don't know whether or not that would have changed anything, but this is definitely the joints and it was more promenant when it was warmer (they didn't do that until later in the morning). I disconnected the DS and had a buddy bounce on my bumper to be sure, you could feel it in them even.

I asked Blaine if it was worth it to change the grease right away, he didn't think so. I don't know whether or not that would have changed anything, but this is definitely the joints and it was more promenant when it was warmer (they didn't do that until later in the morning). I disconnected the DS and had a buddy bounce on my bumper to be sure, you could feel it in them even.

That specific noise in the video would surprise me greatly if it was from the joints. Doesn't sound like a noise you would hear from the joints to me, but I've been wrong before.

Reactions: Wildman
I think for the JJs he prefers the redline CV-2, but I don’t know the major differences to suggest it matters more than knowing Currie wants a moly grease and redline includes that in the description!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053O9FQS/?tag=wranglerorg-20

At risk of sounding clueless, how much of this do I need. Cost per jar is good deal less if buy 4 pack but don’t want them sitting on shelf forever just to pay less per jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.