Picking up where I left off

Status
Not open for further replies.
You happen to have the size info handy, I was going to order some replacements and planned on pulling one out but if you happen to have it that would be easier.

This is what I got

BD218DD6-34AC-4101-91B8-6FC30DB62D2A.jpeg

Serrated flange nuts tend to remove protective finishes and expose the metal to corrosion, I would use blue Loctite or a Nyloc nut and flat washers

I was about to ask, what about a nylon locking nut. That seems like a good choice that can’t work itself loose.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Much more difficult to get a nylon locknut tight when looking at the skid plate at least. Trying to get a wrench in there would be a pain in the ass. The serrated nuts make everything a breeze. Just smash the engine skid together with an impact and it’ll stay. I have to do that to mine to get everything to bend into place anyways. Also no coatings to be taken off where the serrated nuts are used.

I think the serrated nuts are genius, but locknuts would also work at least for the frame side of the engine skid mounts.

Going to be installing the PSC hydro-assist in the coming weeks using Blaine's nearly bolt-on kit and the necessary PSC components.

Just waiting on a new Mopar 97-02 lower steering shaft I ordered to make the install easier so that I don't have to modify my 03-06 steering shaft to work.

Really looking forward to this as it should make playing in the rocks a bit more forgiving.

In other news, I received my GenRight hood louvre the other day so I'll be installing that this week. I also need to install the GenRight raised body mounts I have sitting here, which I'll hopefully be taking care of soon.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
Going to be installing the PSC hydro-assist in the coming weeks using Blaine's nearly bolt-on kit and the necessary PSC components.

Just waiting on a new Mopar 97-02 lower steering shaft I ordered to make the install easier so that I don't have to modify my 03-06 steering shaft to work.

Really looking forward to this as it should make playing in the rocks a bit more forgiving.

In other news, I received my GenRight hood louvre the other day so I'll be installing that this week. I also need to install the GenRight raised body mounts I have sitting here, which I'll hopefully be taking care of soon.
Time to buy that welder.

Have you priced out a mobile welder yet? The body mounts are fairly easy, even with the mods needed to clear the midarm brackets, but it takes time. I believe it took me around 2 hours per side.

Time to buy that welder.

Have you priced out a mobile welder yet? The body mounts are fairly easy, even with the mods needed to clear the midarm brackets, but it takes time. I believe it took me around 2 hours per side.

I have the Savvy skid so I need to remove the brackets and modify them in order to make room for the middle body mount to be raised. I'll need to see some photos of how that bracket is modified.

I wasn't aware of the mods to the mid-arm brackets so I'll need to see photos of those as well.

Honestly, I should buy a welder at this point. Still need to find a mobile welder.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
I have the Savvy skid so I need to remove the brackets and modify them in order to make room for the middle body mount to be raised. I'll need to see some photos of how that bracket is modified.

I wasn't aware of the mods to the mid-arm brackets so I'll need to see photos of those as well.

Honestly, I should buy a welder at this point. Still need to find a mobile welder.
It's easy. You just need to cut the same amount off the top of the GR brackets, only one side on the fronts if I remember correctly, to make up for the added material on the midarm brackets.

Reactions: Chris
On the rear here you can see how the bracket raises above the frame.
20200823_205738.jpg

Okay, so the rear bracket just looks like it needs to be notched in order to fit over the top of the rear mid-arm bracket, yes?

Front bracket should land on top of the midarm bracket as well.

Okay, so the rear bracket just looks like it needs to be notched in order to fit over the top of the rear mid-arm bracket, yes?
Yes the rear needs to be cut a bit, I believe 1/4" but don't quote me on that, and one side of the front if I recall correctly. I did it one mount at a time over a few nights. I would cut each side of the OEM mount with an angle grinder, bend it up with a BFH, then cut the top part of the mount. After that I took a grinding/sanding disk to smooth it flat.

It was a fairly easy project since its hard to screw up.

Yes the rear needs to be cut a bit, I believe 1/4" but don't quote me on that, and one side of the front if I recall correctly. I did it one mount at a time over a few nights. I would cut each side of the OEM mount with an angle grinder, bend it up with a BFH, then cut the top part of the mount. After that I took a grinding/sanding disk to smooth it flat.

It was a fairly easy project since its hard to screw up.

Yes, to be honest I'm actually kind of looking forward to doing this project, only because I can do one mount a day and still drive it if I want. That will allow me to pace myself nicely if I need the extra time.

Looking at it, it looks pretty easy for the most part, maybe just time consuming.

Reactions: Alex01
I just looked to confirm. I had it backwards, the front was fully on the midarm bracket the rear only was on one side.

I just looked to confirm. I had it backwards, the front was fully on the midarm bracket the rear only was on one side.

Got it. So I'll have some notching to do, that's not too bad. I'll have my workbench and vise setup by then.

Got it. So I'll have some notching to do, that's not too bad. I'll have my workbench and vise setup by then.
When you install the workbench and vice remember when you grind/cut things sparks go everywhere. Don't put anything to the sides that you don't want to be covered in grinding dust.

I've been barred from cutting in my vice unless I move a bunch of stuff :ROFLMAO:

When you install the workbench and vice remember when you grind/cut things sparks go everywhere. Don't put anything to the sides that you don't want to be covered in grinding dust.

I've been barred from cutting in my vice unless I move a bunch of stuff :ROFLMAO:

Oh yeah, I know that :LOL:

Anytime I cut stuff now, I know not to keep anything in the way that I want to keep clean :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.