Picking up where I left off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch, I’ll evaluate if I need it as I get into mine.

I don't know what all is required to modify on the 03-06 shaft, I just know that Blaine told me on the PSC install he does, he uses the 97-02 lower shafts. You can also get a used one for less than $100, but I would rather just get a new one so it doesn't need to be messed with or replaced for a long time to come.

Reactions: Apparition
@Chris have you noticed if you are making contact with your front fenders at all while offroad?

To my knowledge, no, I am not making contact. @starkey480 would have pointed it out I'm sure during our wheeling trips. Also, from watching all the videos that have been taken when we are wheeling, I don't see any issues with the tires contacting the fenders.

I also have to assume that Vegas 4x4 (who built the rig) knew what they were doing when they set it up. I'll obviously go through and cycle the suspension in-depth when I install the outboard shocks.

To my knowledge, no, I am not making contact. @starkey480 would have pointed it out I'm sure during our wheeling trips. Also, from watching all the videos that have been taken when we are wheeling, I don't see any issues with the tires contacting the fenders.

I also have to assume that Vegas 4x4 (who built the rig) knew what they were doing when they set it up. I'll obviously go through and cycle the suspension in-depth when I install the outboard shocks.
With the use of the genright inners, does this create more room behind the front tires?

Would you paint match yours, like your fenders?
Assuming it comes in aluminum, I would first place it on the hood and see how it contrast with the rest of the jeep. If it didn't tie in with the raw aluminum skid / control arms then I would paint match it.

I don't have any intention of adding louvers though at this moment. I'd rather highline and at that point I'd be looking hard at the GR composite hood.

Reactions: zebra12
So in other words, you'll be going to 37s soon? :LOL:
I'll take out the grinder now and start the cuts for the frame strech right now.

I have many years of wheeling before my abilities get close to the jeeps current capability.

How do they remount the battery?

The battery isn't affected, it remains in the factory location.

I'll take out the grinder now and start the cuts for the frame strech right now.

I have many years of wheeling before my abilities get close to the jeeps current capability.

And at that point I hope your sanity and common sense have you building a rock buggy instead ;)

The battery isn't affected, it remains in the factory location.

And at that point I hope your sanity and common sense have you building a rock buggy instead ;)
I can't drive a rock buggy on the road in CA

A tube chassis TJ though 🤔

Reactions: Wildman
How do they remount the battery?
I know for a fact genright and poison spyder do not properly relocate the battery. They rely on the firewall only to support the battery. Which leads to....

252C6CC2-3143-456C-B9E9-C4E12A0BCA85.jpeg

Reactions: mattcogdell
Status
Not open for further replies.