Poll: White letters facing in or out?

I normally don't care for white letter out but decided to give it another try for winter footwear

20211112_073532.jpg

I bought new tires for my XJ yesterday. Before I dropped off the rims I wrote "BLACK SIDE OUT" on the inside of them by the valve stem hole. The guy laughed and said it was the first time he'd seen that. They got it right! ... to my liking anyway.

Reactions: Modoc Guy
LOL, do you guys think the OP is still waiting with bated breath to see which way to mount his tires?

(Hint: white letters go in after being scribbled over with a black sharpie)

Personally I enjoy the white letters in, and bonus points in the tire has been spun in rocks
and has the cool white wall conversion on at least one tire!

• Haha
Why does it matter if they are out? Is it really that “flashy”? Mine go out because I don’t see why anyone would care enough about the factory white lettering. I thought once “ it looks neat” and never thought about it again. To each their own. When I see a white letter visible from the inside I think it looks stupid. I look under most jeeps I see parked just to check rust out of curiosity LOL. Just buy some without white letters if it’s a big deal I guess?I see them with and without them in shops all the time.

Do what makes you happy! They sell tires with and without the white lettering.

On a separate note, maybe a small amount acetone or something could remove it without damaging the tires?
I agree about lettering on the inside looking wrong. They used to have some stuff called “Tire Black” that you could paint on your sidewalks to cover up white lettering of whitewalls. That would eliminate letters showing on the inside, but I’m not even sure if that stuff is still available.
My Falken AT/3s have black walls on one side & raised black letters on the other side which I think looks pretty cool. You might have to enlarge my pic a bit to get a better look at the sidewalls or just go to the Falken website.

14E00592-EAFD-44EC-8B55-BAA2BCB9F234.jpeg

They can look cool on the right vehicle and I'd consider it for mine if it was a street queen but the first time it scraped a rock and came out like this I'd be back at the tire shop paying $100 to turn them the other way.
R (6).jpeg