Project Pony Boy

Reactions: hamrickac
Weekend plans

Ordered inner shift boot (realized mine was ripped when putting in full center console a couple weeks ago. Heat and sound have been pouring in)

60sq ft of sound Deadening. Doing the entire tub and possibly half doors if I have enough. Ordered noico based on another thread on the forum. Started soaking the front seat bolts in pb blast today and will add a little daily.

Replacing missing drain plugs if I can find a good replacement (if any members know where to get some it would be awesome)

Rugged ridge entry guards

And these just for fun because the stamped Jeep spot was driving me crazy

CF2EFADE-11B0-49E6-8FC7-B5BDEC11F0D6.jpeg

Last edited:
Tip for all you Jeepers with wives. Take them riding. Let them take pictures with the Jeep and boom one day when you get home from work they’ll have a new lift ordered for you.

I got home yesterday evening and she had the zone 4.25 lift and jks front track bar that I had in my amazon cart ordered for me.

Began sound Deadening this morning. Pulled everything out and so far got about 3/4 of the back done. Word from the wise... this is a lot of work so hopefully it makes a big enough difference to make it worth it.

Snapped a picture of the inner shift old and new so I can show the tear.

A580792E-01A6-46AF-958B-04692A57370D.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Looks good, I like the raptoliner. I would lose the angry bird grill cover, IMHO they look ridiculous, but to each his own. My inner boot cover was shot also and it is incredible the difference that thing makes!!!! Are there any concerns with moisture absorption into the sound deadening material? That is my concern, I want to do some on mine for heat control......

Looks good, I like the raptoliner. I would lose the angry bird grill cover, IMHO they look ridiculous, but to each his own. My inner boot cover was shot also and it is incredible the difference that thing makes!!!! Are there any concerns with moisture absorption into the sound deadening material? That is my concern, I want to do some on mine for heat control......

There’s actually a write up on the forum somewhere. Noico is pretty good for water and doesn’t absorb or get ruined by water

Reactions: FireJeep
Deadening in and emblems on. Had the old carpets soaking in due the past 3 days. Just washed them off, shampooed and now hitting them with doplicolor fabric and vinyl to get them perfect

5DF3CAF3-1B9C-49F4-9697-26F0CC69C0C5.jpeg

82AA3E46-2744-415D-A3C6-28F93B94DE50.jpeg

CECB5D48-3908-4C43-96CC-C32118DF6422.jpeg

60C3B084-9024-4537-A8AE-F9095782B598.jpeg

2864A841-93A5-4E4E-8A57-CB4BA1D90F70.jpeg

Carpet and entry guards installed. No bleeding or rub off. I was scared it would be stiff but took a medium bristle brush to it after each coat of duplicolor. We’ll see how it holds up. If it doesn’t then it’s an excuse to get some Essex carpet 👍🏾

B135B89C-8FE4-4862-87F1-62ADD09F12B8.jpeg

4B53421F-6B0D-4838-9569-DCB633D5EE6B.jpeg

Looks great. What's the verdict on the sound deadening? Was it worth it?
Definitely a huge difference especially for someone with full doors and a hard top. I can’t hear any engine noise through the firewall nor rear tire hum out of the back wheel wells. I didn’t have enough to do the half doors and will probably order more for that just because it really is enjoyable to actually be able to talk to my fiancé at 65 or 70 without yelling like I had to before this and the sailcloth top

Jks trackbar and zone 4.25 lift came today. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to throw it on Sunday. I’m gone to work 13 hours a day 6 days a week so the Jeep consumes my day off 😂

Small update. Still haven’t gotten time to put on the suspension or body lift. Hopefully get a chance to work on it this weekend or through the week.

Changed upstream and downstream O2 sensors. Really made a huge difference in drivability. Much more power from a stop.

Ordered zj tierod, new drag link and new steering stabilizer as suggested in This thread. Will be arriving Tuesday.

I managed to blow one of my infinity kappa 6.5s in the sound bar yesterday with the top off. Not sure if the gradual moisture finally got to it or the amp on the Sony head unit was too much.

Decided to go with a marine speaker this time and use this as an excuse to replace the dash speakers. Ordered Polk dB 651 for the sound bar and Polk db 521 along with the 5 1/4 adapter plate for the front speakers. Should be arriving Wednesday.

My parts are getting ahead of my work schedule and I had a Jeep friend with a shop and lift offer to install my lift and zj front end for me while I’m at work. Someone give this man a beer.

Loaded up and ready to go

8B5B016C-0121-4315-AD84-6F5B5AE6604F.jpeg

Reactions: Paparock1