Rock Sliders / Rocker Guards Guide

Small update for DIY Fabricators. I found this design on a website, so it is not original with me. It looks very good, although I have not measured the length to see if it is WW2WW. The double bend is an excellent feature (120* and 150*), and it appears to have plenty of underbody coverage where you could tub mount, the preferred method. If someone could fab some of these up for <$300, they might have a venue...

View attachment 40877

I took a closer look at these. They aren't mini boatsides as much as they cover up the body mounts.

Last edited:
Man, that was May of 2018. I just spent about 15 minutes searching. I can't find them again. Can we could figure out the missing measurements or angles via math?
I’m able to figure out the side lengths using the angle degrees given but the problem I cannot figure out if the little flaps on the sides. I can’t figure out how long those need to be. That might be something that just has to be guessed on

I’m able to figure out the side lengths using the angle degrees given but the problem I cannot figure out if the little flaps on the sides. I can’t figure out how long those need to be. That might be something that just has to be guessed on

All you really care about is the length. Make them ww2ww. Then remove whatever is in the way.

The design is incomplete anyway. What will the bottom face be attached to since it floats on space below the body mounts?

Does anyone make/would it be possible to fabricate easily the reinforcement plate to go with sliders that do not come with one? Or would it be too different for each model? I am looking at sliders (likely rock hard) and probably won't do anything worth needing the reinforcement plate, but if someone sells one separately I figure it would be better to be safe

Does anyone make/would it be possible to fabricate easily the reinforcement plate to go with sliders that do not come with one? Or would it be too different for each model? I am looking at sliders (likely rock hard) and probably won't do anything worth needing the reinforcement plate, but if someone sells one separately I figure it would be better to be safe
You could easily make your own internal reinforcement plates that go on the inside of the rockers. This is what Savvy provides, it's a thick piece of aluminum.

CIMG3545.jpg

Does anyone know if the stock sliders off a YJ would fit on a TJ? They look very similar.

Of course, also eager to hear whether the stock sliders (like the Rubicon style on TJs) have any major pros or cons.

General question for rock slider owners up in the snowy states...do you put a membrane (PPF) in between the body and the slider to help prevent water/rust? The OEM Mopar slyder did come with a membrane, and I was thinking about this membrane as I may want to add a membrane/PPF to another vehicle which will be getting sliders soon.

This could be a retarded question but you don't know what you don't know.

Reactions: Tob
General question for rock slider owners up in the snowy states...do you put a membrane (PPF) in between the body and the slider to help prevent water/rust? The OEM Mopar slyder did come with a membrane, and I was thinking about this membrane as I may want to add a membrane/PPF to another vehicle which will be getting sliders soon.

This could be a retarded question but you don't know what you don't know.
I put vinyl wrap behind the slider as a protective layer

has the OP or anyone updated the guide?

I have a have a gift card for 4wp so i have been trying to decide between the ARB sliders or warn sliders. I know the Savvy are the top tier, If i had the money I would get them.

But i was on the ARB website trying to find a weight of the ARB ones, and the pictures that scroll for the TJ sliders actually look like they have what looks like a mini boat side or angled edge to them.

https://arbusa.com/jeep-wrangler-tj-1997-2006/bumpers-protection-equipment/side-rails-steps/

has the OP or anyone updated the guide?

I have a have a gift card for 4wp so i have been trying to decide between the ARB sliders or warn sliders. I know the Savvy are the top tier, If i had the money I would get them.

But i was on the ARB website trying to find a weight of the ARB ones, and the pictures that scroll for the TJ sliders actually look like they have what looks like a mini boat side or angled edge to them.

https://arbusa.com/jeep-wrangler-tj-1997-2006/bumpers-protection-equipment/side-rails-steps/
I see the double bend. I will update the original post. I’m not sure if this is the same or a different slider. $562 is getting close to Savvy price point.

Thanks,
JMT

I swear, they have gone up in price over the last 2 months. even the warns are 400+ on some sites.
I wouldn’t mind the ARB in a head to head with the Warn.

EDIT: Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is Savvy.

Last edited:
I see the double bend. I will update the original post. I’m not sure if this is the same or a different slider. $562 is getting close to Savvy price point.

Thanks,
JMT
My JCR’s have handled some abuse, but nothing extreme.

Damn! That’s sad to see, especially from an ARB product. My Smittybuilt sliders have been landed on pretty had and don’t look that bad.

2F835FEA-635C-41C6-8C94-6172E93D97B2.jpeg

I too would like to switch to something better when time and money allow.