Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

So you are drilling into the wheel well? I am also in the template stage. So pissed that I threw the huge pieces of cardboard that my Trektop came in away. Still trying to figure out how I will fasten it down and deal with the very thick carpet padding.
My current plan is to mount two channels, one on each vertical wall so i can slide a piece of 1/4" aluminum in.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
I owe a huge thanks to @hosejockey61 - not only was he willing to work with me on my Jeep in the BFH Garage and teach me some things, he had a spare Correctlync he was willing to negotiate on.

ZJ to Currie steering off the list. The side by side beefiness upgrade is impressive.

688466D8-5EB4-442F-AFEA-EFAABB119286.jpeg

More work today putting on the hood louver. This is partially to hopefully lower under hood temps (and yes, I know it won’t change running temps - I’m looking at ambient) and partially to cover up some small hail damage and aging paint thanks to the Colorado sun.

Yanked off the hood to work:

B83F982C-CAB2-43FF-9B8F-19A7547DD92A.jpeg

Used the template for the holes and a quick sketch of the shapes (later I drew better lines):
B54200C3-7EFA-4896-A888-7BE1C0CA8777.jpeg

CC157E3D-6BD4-4281-9093-B37C801D5D52.jpeg
673D0917-9C7B-4273-9505-3217271E489C.jpeg
0724E95F-095F-425E-AE3E-69AE3465E958.jpeg
05D9E041-9DD9-46EA-A8A1-7837E951ECB2.jpeg

You just need a Viper V10 engine in there now to take advantage of the hood louvre 😉

Kidding of course!

Reactions: 5632
More work today putting on the hood louver. This is partially to hopefully lower under hood temps (and yes, I know it won’t change running temps - I’m looking at ambient) and partially to cover up some small hail damage and aging paint thanks to the Colorado sun.

Yanked off the hood to work:

View attachment 185128

Used the template for the holes and a quick sketch of the shapes (later I drew better lines):
View attachment 185129

View attachment 185130View attachment 185131View attachment 185132View attachment 185133
The Genright louvers do not look like they came out of the same press as the poison spyder or the well reviewed version on amazon. Those have a few louver openings farthest back that are open at the front rather than the rear. I have burnt my hands more than once with the prop rod. I wonder if this would help that type of thing.

The Genright louvers do not look like they came out of the same press as the poison spyder or the well reviewed version on amazon. Those have a few louver openings farthest back that are open at the front rather than the rear. I have burnt my hands more than once with the prop rod. I wonder if this would help that type of thing.

I noticed that too, I’m curious of the air movement differences.

I’ve been planning on getting a drone for a long while to get some trail footage - that day finally arrived. This one can auto-follow a target and does a pretty okay job at it. This is just an experimentation video, nothing special.

700 miles in a few weeks? That is about the same distance I've driven my Jeep since I got back to Chicago from Colorado last August. You Colorado guys certainly know how to use your Jeeps, that is for sure.

Last edited:
I’ve been planning on getting a drone for a long while to get some trail footage - that day finally arrived. This one can auto-follow a target and does a pretty okay job at it. This is just an experimentation video, nothing special.

One of my sons friends has one. They have some amazing footage of them wakeboarding as the drone follows the boat.

Reactions: rasband
700 miles in a few weeks? That is about the same distance I've driven my Jeep since I got back to Chicago from Colorado last August. You Colorado guys certainly know how to use your Jeeps, that is for sure.

I needed to give it a good shakedown before a 800 or so mile trip out to Telluride, Moab, and a few spots on the way back home.

One of my sons friends has one. They have some amazing footage of them wakeboarding as the drone follows the boat.

I’m no cinematographer but I’ve been learning some before picking this up just using gopros - it’ll be fun to learn a bit more so some of the trips have a cool dimension added to share.