California Rubicon Run Summer 2024

What weekend and days work best for you. Pick a weekend and days of the week you would like.

• Weekend of July 6-7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend of July 20-21

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Weekend of August 10-11

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Thursday-Saturday

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Friday-Sunday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday-Monday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was finishing up spraying the Barnes4wd engine skid and then wheels showed up....

20240408_132102.jpg

20240408_115850.jpg

20240408_115858.jpg

Unfortunately sourcing parts is the only hold up. Still waiting for parts to come in. For some reason its taking forever to get the damn windshield seals.

Yeah...if I hadn't stumbled on a perfect tub and frame I would have been screwed.

I ordered shocks, rear axle brackets and a Bedrug. Most of the parts didn't arrive until the last day or so...case in point I would have loved to have moved the axles over immediately to make everything a roller...but I didn't have the brackets until day 5 or 6.

There were and are a ton of while I'm here things I would have loved to do...body lift, MML, outboard the rear shocks.

As Frieburger said don't get it right, just get it running.

Do what you can do!

-Mac

Reactions: U8MYDZT
I would rather replace with a good used OEM over an import piece.

The OEM is a just about guaranteed fit. Aftermarket can have fit issues and other quirks.

Reactions: BC Moto
I would rather replace with a good used OEM over an import piece.

The OEM is a just about guaranteed fit. Aftermarket can have fit issues and other quirks.

And usually is a thinner gauge of metal.

But who knows? Might surprise us.

And finding a straight dent free 20+ year old hood is like winning the lottery.

-Mac

Reactions: Plumber1 and CMBD
And usually is a thinner gauge of metal.

But who knows? Might surprise us.

And finding a straight dent free 20+ year old hood is like winning the lottery.

-Mac

There is a guy that has a few TJ's he is parting out on FB. I am going to check em out and see what condition the hoods/roll bars are in. If he has a good hood I will go for it. If not I will take the cheap aftermarket. I am not super concerned about the fitment. My BFH fixes everything. Lol