Rubicon trail July 11th and 12th - Completed

Added to Calendar: 07-11-21, 07-12-21

Completed my bucket list item of the Rubicon.

Thanks @mvigo for guiding us and for being an awesome guy to hit the trail with.

Really enjoyed the trail it is a beautiful area and I can see why people love it. I hope all jeepers that want to take the time and make it a priority to come out and do it.

I plan to come back and do it again maybe in a couple years and hopefully can get a few more members to join.

The Jeep got a little beat up ended up rolling a rock up and over the rear wheel but not too bad of damage. The skids all held up but have battle scars to show for it.

I turtled myself on one unnecessary obstacle and got stuck on a rear diff hanger on another but other than those the Jeep performed well.

View at Northshore campsite before starting the trail

View attachment 264952View attachment 264953View attachment 264956

Buck island camp
View attachment 264958View attachment 264959

A few random pics
View attachment 264960View attachment 264962View attachment 264963View attachment 264964

Cadillac hill was my favorite part.

We missed you @AussieNick ! You would have loved it.

I thought about you guys. Do you have a thread somewhere with photos? I have been slammed at work and finally ended up leaving and starting something new so no trips planned for me anytime soon.

I did the Rubicon in June in my JK and we loved it. We went mid week and had very little traffic. Camped two nights. Buck Island Lake was insanely fun.

Reactions: Apparition
I thought about you guys. Do you have a thread somewhere with photos? I have been slammed at work and finally ended up leaving and starting something new so no trips planned for me anytime soon.

I did the Rubicon in June in my JK and we loved it. We went mid week and had very little traffic. Camped two nights. Buck Island Lake was insanely fun.
photos are on the last couple pages, not too many.

I wish you well on your new job adventure.
I bet in June it was a lot cooler. It was very hot and dirty out!!

Reactions: AussieNick