California Rubicon Trail Run

Would love to run Slick Rock again, but we'll be glamping the week of the 4th, so don't think I can swing it. I hear the new section is sporty!

So the start date will be Monday September 16, anyone interested should meet at the bottom of the dam before 8am ready to roll at 8am. Please leave early enough to avoid having to drive to fast on Icehouse Road, I’ve had everything including a bear run out in front of me there. Does everyone have either a CB or UHF/VHF radio for coms on the trail?
I have CB and HAM.

Wifey and kids will be coming along as well. Going to be fun packing the TJ!

I have CB and HAM.

Wifey and kids will be coming along as well. Going to be fun packing the TJ!
At least you'll have no problem pulling all the extra weight up the mountains with that v8 :p

At least you'll have no problem pulling all the extra weight up the mountains with that v8 :p
Yup, V8 with auto makes it much easier! I'm gonna have to fab up some bumper/tire mounted baskets to carry stuff.

Yup, V8 with auto makes it much easier! I'm gonna have to fab up some bumper/tire mounted baskets to carry stuff.

If you need some aluminum to keep the weight down, l have some 2mm panel and some 4mm perforated panel

If you need some aluminum to keep the weight down, l have some 2mm panel and some 4mm perforated panel
I was thinking of using expanded metal that I already have. Haven't put too much thought into it yet. When the time comes I may get those panels from you. (y)

Reactions: DrDmoney
I was talking to my father in law about this trip and he also wants to join. The list is getting long lol

Make sure every other jeep has a winch :ROFLMAO:

Maybe even break into 2 groups. The 8am group and anyone late can be the 9am group