California Rubicon Trail Run

Added to Calendar: 09-16-19, 09-17-19, 09-18-19

You could always rent one, you can pay for a trip just with the the savings from a years storage, insurance, maintenance, and registration. That’s not including payments you don’t have to make.

Actually a really good idea! That way you'll find out if RV life is really for you or not. You already have the trailer, so you'll just need a rental that has a brake control for the trailer and good to go!

Reactions: DrDmoney
Actually a really good idea! That way you'll find out if RV life is really for you or not. You already have the trailer, so you'll just need a rental that has a brake control for the trailer and good to go!
Actually that is the plan when the time comes. RVs aren't cheap and I would hate to get something that just sits for months on end. Once life settles down a bit, the kids grow up more, and the disposable income increases I'm hoping we will have a bit more time to be able to make it happen.

I am in
emoji16.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the run

Tell us a little about your rig and yourself if you don’t mind.

Wonder if I could do the trail on 33s

You'll do fine with lockers on both ends.

Beefy diff covers and good skids all around (including oil pan) should be on top of the list.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: bobthetj03
Well the rig is a 04 Tj sport 4.0 5speed Currie savvy 4.5 lift ome shocks Dana super 35 Yukon 30 splines 456 and arb Dana super 30 Yukon axles 456 and arb 33 bfg mt xrc stinger front owner built rear numbers Smitty 10k winch synthetic line. Inside has cb fire extinguisher first aid and a lose nut behind the wheel.
Parts yet to be installed barns bolt on skid Tera flex oil pan skid poison spider sb skid sb brace sport cage kit. Cavfab steering and over the axel tb kit.

Reactions: Alex01 and DrDmoney
Well the rig is a 04 Tj sport 4.0 5speed Currie savvy 4.5 lift ome shocks Dana super 35 Yukon 30 splines 456 and arb Dana super 30 Yukon axles 456 and arb 33 bfg mt xrc stinger front owner built rear numbers Smitty 10k winch synthetic line. Inside has cb fire extinguisher first aid and a lose nut behind the wheel.
Parts yet to be installed barns bolt on skid Tera flex oil pan skid poison spider sb skid sb brace sport cage kit. Cavfab steering and over the axel tb kit.

I think you’ll be good to go with all those goodies

Oh the owner is just an old crazy guy or at least that’s what my kids tell me lol. Cali born and raised had several jeeps back in the late 80s early 90s ran the rubicon way back then. I am a machinist by trade. I have a goal before I retire I wanna run what I think is the big 4 in Cali and the rubicon is one of those trails

Reactions: Alex01
Doing good buddy! Busy with the upcoming move from the bay to Roseville. Check engine light still off?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yup no check engine light. Jeep is running great. Man you will like Roseville and you will be closer to so good trails that’s a win

Reactions: Indy
Oh the owner is just an old crazy guy or at least that’s what my kids tell me lol. Cali born and raised had several jeeps back in the late 80s early 90s ran the rubicon way back then. I am a machinist by trade. I have a goal before I retire I wanna run what I think is the big 4 in Cali and the rubicon is one of those trails

So what are your big four trails?
1. Rubicon
2. Fordyce?
3. Dusy Ershim?
4.Johnson Valley?

Man, I wanna make it on this run. !
September is a good time too, fuck it, I’m in !

Updated:
Unofficial WTJF Rubicon Trail Run
September 16-18 (we’ll narrow it down to 16 &17 or 17 &18)
@Alex01
@bobthetj03
@Daryl
@DrDmoney
@ImpactOrange
@06TJ35's
@Indy
@mtngoattj
@Thunderhead
@49mercpapo (possibly)