Utah Sand Hollow 2021—After TJ Fest

Preliminary Plans is to run Rattlesnake Gulch and Toquerville Falls on Sunday, May 2nd. We'll run the trail in a counterclockwise rotation, stopping at Toquerville Falls for lunch and driving out on Toquerville Falls trail in the reverse direction . After lunch its an easy 5 miles back to the main road so you have the rest of the day to explore or relax.

Rattlesnake Gulch
Toquerville Falls

Meet at the Rattlesnake Gulch Staging Area at 9:00am
37° 13.655'N 113° 15.142'W (#2 on the map)

Ham Radio 146.535
GMRS Ch-18 (462.625 DCS 223)

GPX viewer

GPX viewer
Jackie and I just got to town. 8am at the trailhead to Rattlesnake Gulch for Sunday's run. TJFEST3 or 462.625 (Ch-18).

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/4656-rattlesnake-gulch

Last edited:
What campground are you parking your RV at Moab?
We've stayed at WillowWind rv park 4 times and is nice with trees and green lawns for dogs, etc. with pull thru.
About 20 minutes from park and across from Lin's Market on S 1150 W street.

X2. We are in Mesquite NV tonight and headed home Sunday. Enjoy the run & post some pics!

I'm here, and will make the falls run tomorrow.
I ran part of John's Trail today.

20210501_123732.jpg
20210501_144703.jpg

That looks great. Do you know if dispersed camping is allowed on that trail?
Yes there is! There are a number of spots right along the river with plenty of shade.

It took us 1.5 hours from the La Verkin Shooting Range (starting point) to the falls. Over 30 water crossings and a few long sections in the river bed. It was a great day!!!

20210502_102253.jpg

Resized_20210502_100126.jpg

Last edited:
Yes there is! There are a number of spots right along the river with plenty of shade.

It took us 1.5 hours from the La Verkin Shooting Range (starting point) to the falls. Over 30 water crossings and a few long sections in the river bed. It was a great day!!!

View attachment 249549

View attachment 249605
That looks pretty cool, Dino. Love the waterfall shot. Glad to see the wife feeling better.

Still making my way home from Moab and came out to toquerville falls yesterday. It’s a beautiful spot!

Came across a high centered JK on Rattlesnake Gulch and they were trying to use a hi-lift to lift the front pumpkin over a boulder 🤦‍♂️
I helped them rock stack a wheel and got them out in 10 minutes.

We played in the waterfall for a few hours and cooked dinner at the falls but decided not to camp because of the bugs and cows 😂

B812476E-6DCE-4E30-92DF-3DE1E58FCFB5.jpeg

Absolutely fantastic! We went down to Sand Hollow last year but stayed around the dunes, we're definitely doing these trails next time around.

BTW did any locals correct any of you on the proper way to pronounce "Hurricane"? Everyone in Utah calls it "Her-ah-kun". They do that with a lot of towns, up here in N. Utah we have a town called Hooper, yet everyone says "Hup-per" and they waste no time correcting you when you pronounce it in accordance with the rules of the English language.

Absolutely fantastic! We went down to Sand Hollow last year but stayed around the dunes, we're definitely doing these trails next time around.

BTW did any locals correct any of you on the proper way to pronounce "Hurricane"? Everyone in Utah calls it "Her-ah-kun". They do that with a lot of towns, up here in N. Utah we have a town called Hooper, yet everyone says "Hup-per" and they waste no time correcting you when you pronounce it in accordance with the rules of the English language.
We do that a lot in TN as well. I’m not too far from a town called Shelbyville. A tribute to Carroll? No. It’s pronounced Shub-vul...

• Wow
Reactions: Apparition