Savvy Shipping Frustration

JP13

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ordered an aluminum body lift from Savvy. Their shipping is pricey and I contacted them about it. They said they ship with UPS and UPS decides the price. I just checked the tracking and they shipped it through the unreliable USPS. We all know the USPS is cheaper than UPS. They've charged me for the expensive shipping and then pocketed part of that charge by sending it through an unreliable source. That's just wrong. Has anyone else had this experience with Savvy? :mad:

I've purchased lots of stuff through Savvy. The smaller stuff was always sent via USPS Priority (which I'm happy about, since it always gets here in 2-3 days) and the larger stuff comes via UPS.

I've never paid much attention to what carrier I was being charged for shipping, but to be honest, I never felt like the shipping prices were that unrealistic.

I ship a lot of stuff myself, and I can tell you from firsthand experience, shipping prices have gone up substantially in recent years.

Hell, today I shipped a box via USPS Priority Mail to Ohio. It was 22x9x9 and weighed 6 lbs. Priority Mail (which is the USPS standard really) was $33!

They said they'd ship UPS, but used USPS instead. I'm frustrated for 2 reasons. #1 They lied. #2 I would have thought twice about purchasing from them if sent by the post office because I have a long history of terrible experiences with the post office including packages that were sent out or incoming that never made it to their destination. Hell, my local carrier can't even close my damn box half the time.

I'll call Savvy 2mro and politely inquire about this.

usps.jpg

Sounds like you are unhappy about the price and your local mail carrier. You should really try and resolve problems like this before posting messages on the internet.

Last edited:
I went and looked at the Savvy website. The item I looked at does not show a USPS shipping option. Please let us know how Savvy responds to this issue.

They said they'd ship UPS, but used USPS instead. I'm frustrated for 2 reasons. #1 They lied. #2 I would have thought twice about purchasing from them if sent by the post office because I have a long history of terrible experiences with the post office including packages that were sent out or incoming that never made it to their destination. Hell, my local carrier can't even close my damn box half the time.

View attachment 87920
You forgot to trim the grass around your mailbox post.

View attachment 87920
The postman does this because your house address is posted on the inside of your mailbox. Look at your neighbor, I know he does not have issue with the USPS.

The postman does this because your house address is posted on the inside of your mailbox. Look at your neighbor, I know he does not have issue with the USPS.

I gotta ask> How long have you known JP13's neighbor?😜

Sounds like you are unhappy about the price and your local mail carrier. You should really try and resolve problems like this before posting messages on the internet.

While JP13 does seem unhappy about the price and the local mail carrier, not to mention being lied to, I'd say the main reason for posting is based a sentence and a question in the first post.

They've charged me for the expensive shipping and then pocketed part of that charge by sending it through an unreliable source. Has anyone else had this experience with Savvy? :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: JP13 and Stevemack
I think the mailbox is just hungry, its tongue is hanging down trying to get some of that nutrient filled grass!

• Haha
Reactions: JP13
While JP13 does seem unhappy about the price and the local mail carrier, not to mention being lied to, I'd say the main reason for posting is based a sentences and a question in the first post.

It would be easier to feel sorry for your buddy if he had included some more facts in his rant. One would be how much did he pay for shipping would be interesting. I could be totally on his side if he had complained to Savvy and they blew him off. Saying Savvy lied is unfair without knowing more. FWIW, USPS often makes the final mile delivery in my neighborhood.

Last edited:
Ordered an aluminum body lift from Savvy. Their shipping is pricey and I contacted them about it. They said they ship with UPS and UPS decides the price. I just checked the tracking and they shipped it through the unreliable USPS. We all know the USPS is cheaper than UPS. They've charged me for the expensive shipping and then pocketed part of that charge by sending it through an unreliable source. That's just wrong. Has anyone else had this experience with Savvy? :mad:
Do you recall who you chatted with? It is very possible that you spoke with the female and she is not in the same area where the shipping occurs. It also very possible that the lie was an inadvertent moment of confusion over how each item ships. But, not only does UPS decide their prices, USPS decides their pricing as well. USPS is not always cheaper. It just depends on the size and whether or not it can ship in a Priority Flat package. Even then, in state shipments are not cheaper. We ship certain stuff UPS for in state because it is cheaper.

I do realize that perspective on this stuff is particular to one's experiences but I figured it up awhile back and we had shipped over 10,000 packages with USPS with an attrition rate somewhere around 1 per 1000. I use that number to be kind and somewhat believable but it is actually closer to 1 per 2000. Attrition is considered delivered wrong, not delivered, damaged, or lost.

I can check it today if it matters but if memory serves, you won't get the cable shifter in anything smaller than a large Flat Rate box. The cost on that is about 17.50. If it were being shipped to me on the other coast, I would much prefer USPS. It will get there in 2-3 days and if it can be delivered sooner, it will be. UPS will not deliver sooner even if someone puts your package on the plane and it winds up there the next day by accident. If they do that, it blows their fee structure out of the water and they don't get to charge premium amounts to match what USPS does.

I run into the opposite issue far too often. I'll order in some little gadget or cutter or whatnot. The only option is UPS and I get charged 15.22 (actual from 2 days ago) for something that will fit in a small flat rate for 7 bucks that I will get in 2 days.

If you called me and I got the impression that you were sort of in a hurry to get your stuff, I would have told the packaging guy to toss it in a large Flat Rate to get it to you much faster for about the same price.

I just wanted to chime in quickly as Savvy just sent me a shipping notification a few minutes ago. They also sent me a second email stating they had given me a partial refund on shipping costs. While I have limited experience ordering from places that aren't amazon, I've never been given a refund on shipping before. I think if Savvy had saved any money by shipping it via USPS, they would have passed that saving onto you.

These grass around the mailboxes posts are quite the funny!! Hahaha

I need to order a savvy body lift.... such a procrastinator...

I just wanted to chime in quickly as Savvy just sent me a shipping notification a few minutes ago. They also sent me a second email stating they had given me a partial refund on shipping costs. While I have limited experience ordering from places that aren't amazon, I've never been given a refund on shipping before. I think if Savvy had saved any money by shipping it via USPS, they would have passed that saving onto you.

That is awesome...I just ordered some stuff from Etsy and the Seller refunded me shipping charges as well. So people and places are more honorable than others.

I went and looked at the Savvy website. The item I looked at does not show a USPS shipping option. Please let us know how Savvy responds to this issue.

View attachment 87939

All of the prices on that shipping list are actual shipping costs and not business pricing. When you have a UPS business account it cuts the shipping costs way down. I could run the actual numbers for you, but I can bet it costs them less than $10 to ship that part via UPS. I’ve shipped a 30lbs RC Crawler for less than $20 from Va to Oklahoma. So I guess there is a chance they’re pocketing extra money from shipping?