Savvy Shipping Frustration

Update: I finally got someone to answer my call. They were very apologetic and offered to refund the entire shipping charge. If that happens, I'll be happy and will order their skids and cable shifter. Things are looking better now.

Reactions: Tranz Zam
Update: I finally got someone to answer my call. They were very apologetic and offered to refund the entire shipping charge. If that happens, I'll be happy and will order their skids and cable shifter. Things are looking better now.
That is pretty outstanding of them. I can understand frustration with certain shipping providers. For me its amazon's delivery service. Ultimately though it seems like savvy went above and beyond to keep you happy. Really shows why it's best to deal with quality vendors. I got to talk to the owner when I picked up @tomtaylz skids and he is a great guy.

Shipping charges aren't always about what the shipper charges. The parts have to be pulled out of inventory, boxed up, labled, and then handed off to the delivery service. Some businesses build this price into the part cost, some don't.

Reactions: Alex01

They're a good company and I'm sure they're just busy right now. They will stand by what they say.

Reactions: JP13
Its obvious that’s savvy specializes in engineering and builds, not distribution. I figured that out after my first purchase a fuel tank skid. If you want a highly engineered product that works great, savvy’s probably for you. If you want someone to be there every step of the way and fast, probably not. But we’re fortunate to have that Blaine guy for technical and install support.

Reactions: Alex01
Shipping charges aren't always about what the shipper charges. The parts have to be pulled out of inventory, boxed up, labled, and then handed off to the delivery service. Some businesses build this price into the part cost, some don't.

Before I ordered I was told they do not set the shipping price. UPS sets the price.

Before I ordered I was told they do not set the shipping price. UPS sets the price.

Your statement could be translated many ways. For example, $7 Savvy fixed cost plus UPS cost = shipping charges. UPS determines the final cost. I don't have a dog in the fight, but I think you are acting like a snapping turtle and won't let go until it thunders. You got your part. I also think I read that they are refunding all shipping charges. You had your chance to dis a business. You should have your satisfaction. Take a break. Go on a ride. Come back happy.

Reactions: L J and Alex01

That's cool.

I understood why you were upset, as I would have been also. Feeling like you got the bait and switch sucks, even if it's only over a few bucks.

They're a good company and I'm sure they're just busy right now. They will stand by what they say.

+1 - Mike and his dad are good people. They are in the middle of moving to/setting up a new facility.

That's great, I was waiting for a response from Savvy. That's exactly what they should have done.

Ya'll need to ship a few thousand orders and get back to me on this.

He picked UPS online, called to confirm and they still used USPS. It was a mistake on their part. If we call Black Magic Brakes are you telling me you'd just ignore the request and do whatever you feel like? NOPE, you'd do what the customer asked and if one of your minions screwed up you'd apologize and see what you could do to make up for it. Why you aren't saying that here is beyond me.

• Love
Reactions: JP13 and Tranz Zam
That's great, I was waiting for a response from Savvy. That's exactly what they should have done.

He picked UPS online, called to confirm and they still used USPS. It was a mistake on their part. If we call Black Magic Brakes are you telling me you'd just ignore the request and do whatever you feel like? NOPE, you'd do what the customer asked and if one of your minions screwed up you'd apologize and see what you could do to make up for it. Why you aren't saying that here is beyond me.
Whatever.

Reactions: pagrey
I was on the Savvy website recently also and was not happy with the cheapest shipping rate for BL at $21.31. Maybe they will be at Jeep Beach.

Now that I have a few minutes. I wear two hats, one for Black Magic and my personal hat.

Black Magic Hat says you are absolutely correct and we will do anything we are able to fix something that is wrong and our fault. I've Express shipped more crap than I ever want to remember to fix minion fuck ups. And sometimes that minion is me.

Personal Hat says just what I've said before. I've bought hundreds of items online, I get crap shipped in from every common carrier out there and I basically don't give a shit and I certainly don't give enough of one to call anyone a fucking liar over a simple issue. And no, Mike should not have refunded the whole shipping amount, he should have refunded the difference and the mere fact that he did do the refund means that it wasn't intentional. Shit happens, that doesn't make him a liar.

That rule is right after the. @AndyG must post his gearing story in every thread that mentions diy regearing.

....... nothing but love @AndyG
Is someone doing their own gears again? Boy that never works . I had all kinds of parts left over when I did mine. Jeep’s gonna be on jack stands a while , and parts ain’t ever gonna come with all the freight companies mad at us. It’s over now.

On shipping , there is no great conspiracy ...when I was a kid and you ordered something, you were lucky if you still had the vehicle when it came.

I promise you , Savvy wants you to get what you ordered , most companies are just folks trying to make a buck and be decent human beings. All sorts of stuff happens in the process of trying to fill customer demands. It’s not evil, just folks trying to do the best thing at the moment.