Savvy Shipping Frustration

All of the prices on that shipping list are actual shipping costs and not business pricing. When you have a UPS business account it cuts the shipping costs way down. I could run the actual numbers for you, but I can bet it costs them less than $10 to ship that part via UPS. I’ve shipped a 30lbs RC Crawler for less than $20 from Va to Oklahoma. So I guess there is a chance they’re pocketing extra money from shipping?
Business pricing is based on volume. We charge actual UPS and it isn't much of a discount off of list or non business. Without volume, you can't generate any meaningful discounts. Plus, you pay for pick up.

Not sure if’s where they’re located or just California, but from CO to savvy they wanted +100 to over night a cashiers check. I normally see $30 for an overnight envelope.

They said they'd ship UPS, but used USPS instead. I'm frustrated for 2 reasons. #1 They lied. #2 I would have thought twice about purchasing from them if sent by the post office because I have a long history of terrible experiences with the post office including packages that were sent out or incoming that never made it to their destination. Hell, my local carrier can't even close my damn box half the time.

I'll call Savvy 2mro and politely inquire about this.

View attachment 87920
So what did Savvy say when you called?

I just wanted to chime in quickly as Savvy just sent me a shipping notification a few minutes ago. They also sent me a second email stating they had given me a partial refund on shipping costs. While I have limited experience ordering from places that aren't amazon, I've never been given a refund on shipping before. I think if Savvy had saved any money by shipping it via USPS, they would have passed that saving onto you.
Savvy does this alot. It's never been a problem for me, and I generally use PayPal. Sometimes I dont even get a tracking sent via email. I'll occasionally email for tracking and always get a response from Michael in a timely manner. He even answered the phone at hammers, or on the way, this year as well as a call on sunday when I'd lost a couple days and didn't know what day of the week it was.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I recall hearing that there is a cooperative arrangement between UPS and USPS where in packages from UPS can get handed off to USPS. Maybe that was the case here?
That is only the case if you select UPS SurePost as the shipping service through UPS. I refuse to use SurePost, as, for one thing, it's not always cheaper than UPS ground, but also because since they hand the package off to the USPS, if the package is lost, you're screwed. UPS won't honor any claims on lost packages once they've released it. Lost a package sent to my daughter via SurePost, never again.

Reactions: Benjeepn and JP13
When the website and a rep claim shipping is through UPS, it better be shipped through UPS. This was shipped directly through the post office.

When the website and a rep claim shipping is through UPS, it better be shipped through UPS. This was shipped directly through the post office.
Seriously? I ship a lot of stuff. I will at my discretion choose whatever method works best for both of us with rare exception. Not only that, but of the 100's of orders I've placed on Amazon, I never even check to see how they are shipped. I get them UPS, USPS, On Trac, FedEx, DHL, Amazon trucks and cars including the Freight Prius, etc. and I simply don't care as long as it shows up. I guess I'm not quite understanding the problem.

you guys are lucky i live in hawaii and its crazy here. there is no free shipping. i ordered a 12 inch fuel line for my tj and it was $53 that wasnt bad enough , then they wanted $43 dollars to ship it ups. i called they said they would ship it usps for $14. 3 1/2 weeks later still no part. tracking said it went usps ground and it would be 6 to 8 weeks. i called 4 wheel parts and they said we sent you a tracking number. now that part is comming from cal. i called another company the part was $36 and $11 shipping plus i got the part in 5 days.

I ordered the Savvy ultimate steering back on 4/11/19 still have not received a shipping notification. It was a lot more than I’m used to but paying for shipping but no worse then GenRight as there shipping is nuts. I plan on calling them on Monday to see what’s going on with it. I needed it already as I’m waiting on that to be able to drive one of the jeeps currently. I guess in this day in age with Amazon prime we are all getting spoiled with no waiting. Maybe they all went to EJS who knows

Up here in Canada we generally request that things get shipped usps as Canada post has reasonable brokerage rates (they used to be free and we just had to pay tax) UPS on the other hand likes to basically add whatever you paied for the item as the brokerage charge. Never had an issue using postal even across the boarder. I mean if you see a refund because the usps shipping was cheaper, or perhaps there was an error on the ups pricing is it that big a deal provided it arrives? Did you specify that it being shipped ups was important to you? Perhaps they just looked for what seemed on paper to be the best option. As @mrblane said, you need volume to get discounts. At my employer we primarily used FedEx to ship out all our service parts accross the country and our rates were dirt cheap. However the odd time we needed to use ups for one reason or another it was easily 3-4x the price.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

FWIW, my Savvy body lift shipped and arrived within a week. I didn't pay any attention to who the carrier was.

Seriously? I ship a lot of stuff. I will at my discretion choose whatever method works best for both of us with rare exception. Not only that, but of the 100's of orders I've placed on Amazon, I never even check to see how they are shipped. I get them UPS, USPS, On Trac, FedEx, DHL, Amazon trucks and cars including the Freight Prius, etc. and I simply don't care as long as it shows up. I guess I'm not quite understanding the problem.

The problem is that the guy doesn't like the Postal Service for one reason or another, and when Savvy used that service in lieu of the UPS option that he preferred, he got upset. It's really not about reliability or attrition or anything to do with the shipment; it's about him thinking that Savvy pocketed a few bucks by calling an audible on the delivery method. That said, I'm with you: if it shows up on time, intact, and as-ordered, I'm fine...and if the company that shipped whatever-I-ordered took a few minutes of their time to change delivery services and save themselves a few bucks, so what? When I agree to the shipping price I accept it for what it is, so I don't sweat a few dollars: if the difference was tens or hundreds, yes, that would be an issue...but that's not the case here.

To play devil's advocate, I live in a small mountain town where USPS won't deliver to my house but UPS and FedEx do. If something shipped USPS without me knowing I would not get it and it would return. If I know it's USPS I ship it to work.

Been screwed before where it's the FedEx or UPS smart post and they hand it off to USPS for final delivery, don't get that either :(

To play devil's advocate, I live in a small mountain town where USPS won't deliver to my house but UPS and FedEx do. If something shipped USPS without me knowing I would not get it and it would return. If I know it's USPS I ship it to work.

Been screwed before where it's the FedEx or UPS smart post and they hand it off to USPS for final delivery, don't get that either :(

I've been in that situation before when FedEx wouldn't ship to my house and I ended up having to drive a long way to pick up something at a hub. Solution: I always informed the seller that FedEx would not deliver to my house, that the item would be returned if they did so, and that FedEx should not be used as a substitution in this case. No problems since then.

That is a legit reason to choose a shipper. That is not the reason in this case and anyone who has those restrictions is a fool if they don't inform the vendor regardless of the shipping method listed.

We get notes on orders about stuff like that daily. We follow the customer's wishes with regard to methods that work for their particular situation. We'll even break down a big brake kit and ship to Hawaii if they want to pay for the labor (just some extra) to get it all in flat rate boxes. Takes about 6 or 7 IIRC and the cost is about half and they get in 3-4 days.

anyone who has those restrictions is a fool if they don't inform the vendor regardless of the shipping method listed.

Then don't list a shipping method, since that apparently means nothing.

If you are only guaranteeing X amount of days then just say that. Or put an asterisk that shipping method may vary

Reactions: JP13 and skrelnik
I ordered the Savvy ultimate steering back on 4/11/19 still have not received a shipping notification. It was a lot more than I’m used to but paying for shipping but no worse then GenRight as there shipping is nuts. I plan on calling them on Monday to see what’s going on with it. I needed it already as I’m waiting on that to be able to drive one of the jeeps currently. I guess in this day in age with Amazon prime we are all getting spoiled with no waiting. Maybe they all went to EJS who knows

Good luck calling them. It's very difficult to get them on the phone. My issue is still not resolved. They charged me $26.33 for UPS shipping, but they paid the extremely unreliable post office $14.35 to deliver it to me. They lied to me and pocketed the difference. That's a terrible way to do business.