Savvy Shipping Frustration

IMO, all's well that ended actually better than it could/should have. The refund should have been the difference in ship costs, but Savvy went the extra mile and is refunding all the shipping. That means customers are important to them. I'm just disappointed to see this thread show up prior to the OP actually talking to Savvy. If he had waited, all we would have heard about is how great it is to order from Savvy, and how they fixed a screw up. Not accusations of lying and deception, following someone's apparent shipping goof, which Savvy owned up to.

IMO, all's well that ended actually better than it could/should have. The refund should have been the difference in ship costs, but Savvy went the extra mile and is refunding all the shipping. That means customers are important to them. I'm just disappointed to see this thread show up prior to the OP actually talking to Savvy. If he had waited, all we would have heard about is how great it is to order from Savvy, and how they fixed a screw up. Not accusations of lying and deception, following someone's apparent shipping goof, which Savvy owned up to.
There's a few that get it.

I've got a Savvy BL and transfer case shifter and didn't have any troubles with shipping.

I also feel like there is a "seinfeld soup Nazi" approach to Savvy products, IE If you aren't smart enough to figure it out on your own: "no SAVVY for you!" .... they didn't include any instructions for products I bought.
I've never BL lifted a jeep, I used the JKS instructions that are online. I used the tips posted here for the cable shifter.

I likely would have bought their 3" springs if they would have bothered to return a phone call or an email inquiry asking about them.

While I wouldn't come on a forum and bad mouth a company w/o talking to them first, (which I guess I'm doing above, but they didn't call me back!) is it possible the OP tried to contact them but didn't get a response?

Reactions: JP13
I've got a Savvy BL and transfer case shifter and didn't have any troubles with shipping.

I also feel like there is a "seinfeld soup Nazi" approach to Savvy products, IE If you aren't smart enough to figure it out on your own: "no SAVVY for you!" .... they didn't include any instructions for products I bought.
I've never BL lifted a jeep, I used the JKS instructions that are online. I used the tips posted here for the cable shifter.

I likely would have bought their 3" springs if they would have bothered to return a phone call or an email inquiry asking about them.

While I wouldn't come on a forum and bad mouth a company w/o talking to them first, (which I guess I'm doing above, but they didn't call me back!) is it possible the OP tried to contact them but didn't get a response?
I have a love hate relationship with good instructions. I don't believe for one second that any product should be shipped without clear well written instructions with pictures in color freshly printed without being copied into useless blurs. I have spent hundreds of hours writing them and making them work for customers.

I have shipped some products without them because I am not capable of writing a set that will cover all the possibilities and variables so you pretty much did need to figure it out. In fact that bothered me enough that I quit shipping the product.

Savvy needs good clear instructions for every product and either include them or put them online so they can be found.

This is really still a thing? Amazing what a little rectangle thing everyone has in their hands that connects people miles away can do within a few minutes.
I need a body lift by the way...Disregard, I'm not going to 35s now. Sticking with 33s.
well written
I can't read, so I'll need more pictures, HD please; actually, if you could just face time with me the entire installation, that's be totes.

Last edited:
I'll throw one thing out there..

When you deal with people that are good at their craft, or they manufacture a fantastic product...They are usually sought-after and one thing they stay really busy doing is making sure that that product stays fantastic.

most of the time on the shipping side of it they're just trying to get things to you the most efficient way they can.

they want you to have it and enjoy it and tell people about it and send more customers their way.

in some cases they are just as frustrated as you because they aren't in the shipping business and they have to rely on other people to get the job done.. they try to develop systems in relationships that do that so they can focus on what they do.. in this case make fantastic products that work.

Also we live in a different economy..there is so much commerce done by way of shipping companies that there are more shipping companies and there is much more complexity in the system.

Things used to be a lot simpler but man they were a lot slower...waiting on JC Whitney to send you a bushing for your leaf spring CJ5 was about as good as it got.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
This is really still a thing? Amazing what a little rectangle thing everyone has in their hands that connects people miles away can do within a few minutes.
I need a body lift by the way...Disregard, I'm not going to 35s now. Sticking with 33s.

I can't read, so I'll need more pictures, HD please; actually, if you could just face time with me the entire installation, that's be totes.
I used the little rectangle to reach out 2000 miles to the manufacturer.....far as I know it still transmits and receives.
Let's see if this posts.....messages should be getting out.

Ya'll need to ship a few thousand orders and get back to me on this.

It doesn't matter if I ship one item, or thousands. If a customer selected a specific shipping method, paid for said method, and then discovered the company sent it another way for less money, they have every right to be upset.

It's actually quite comical how some fail to understand the issue here, and blindly defend the company.

• Love
Reactions: BigWheel88 and JP13
It doesn't matter if I ship one item, or thousands. If a customer selected a specific shipping method, paid for said method, and then discovered the company sent it another way for less money, they have every right to be upset.

It's actually quite comical how some fail to understand the issue here, and blindly defend the company.
Like I said, ya'll need to ship a few thousand orders and get back to me. I can tell you right now that not much out there tends to piss me off more than being called a liar over a simple thing.

Like I said, ya'll need to ship a few thousand orders and get back to me. I can tell you right now that not much out there tends to piss me off more than being called a liar over a simple thing.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree.

I wear two hats, one for Black Magic and my personal hat.

I have a lot personal hats, but I don't own a Black Magic hat. Can I buy one of those from you, please? Be sure to inform me of the exact shipping costs and do not deviate from whatever shipping method you choose for any reason, up to and including nuclear war or the return of Jesus. Failure to comply for any reason will result in me defaming you in public venues for your obviously duplicitous business practices before giving you the chance to explain yourself. Also, some shipping services don't deliver to my house, so please don't use them. Thanks in advance!

I have a lot personal hats, but I don't own a Black Magic hat. Can I buy one of those from you, please? Please inform me of the exact shipping costs and do not deviate from whatever shipping method you choose for any reason, up to and including nuclear war or the return of Jesus. Failure to comply for any reason will result in me defaming you in public venues for your obviously duplicitous business practices before giving you the chance to explain yourself. Also, some shipping services don't deliver to my house, so please don't use them. Thanks in advance!
Can I ship it in 5 envelopes? They will be padded.

Oh, there's no charge for the hat, just a small shipping charge.

Great! But I'm not paying extra for the extra four envelopes, because I think you should be able to get it all in one flat-rate box. Also, please make sure you fit it into the smallest box available...and I'll expect the hat to not be bent, folded, or otherwise deformed in any way.

I'd like a hat too. Can I get a different color. I want my hat to be black. I expect to receive the hat tomorrow. You should be able to do that and give me a discount too. No excuses short of CA earthquake. I'll pay you when the hat is in my hands. Be advised if you fail I will tell my Momma! Oh yeah, thanks for the quality products and the support offered here.

Last edited:

I agree that they have a right to be upset, AND to get it rectified.

Savvy also has a right to make things right BEFORE being blasted as a lying, deceptive, mis-shipping ne'er-do-well on a public forum, even if it takes a bit more time than the offended party thinks it should. IMO

Did you miss the part where Savvy is refunding all the shipping cost?

Last edited:
Reactions: psrivats
Savvy needs good clear instructions for every product and either include them or put them online so they can be found.

I agree with this. A little card that has the address for the instructions would have been very nice to have with my shifter cable.

Im amazing how many products are being shipped with out them. Even a page that says use loctite here, torque to this, or even use this grease. It not just savvy that does it. (Full disclosure. . . That shifter cable is beffy as hell)

I can understand so things. IE sparkplugs, brakes (that don't require brake-in), most common replacement parts. But any modification part should.

I bought a canvas tent that came with a DVD. Found out 250 miles from home without a dvd player.