Arizona Sedona Wheeling Saturday 2/20

Looks like im out :cry: just can't get away.

Boo ! Who will I follow now ?

20210117_094113.jpg

We're in!

I think Soldiers Pass is closed to anything other than hiking now? May be old or bad news, but should be easy to research. We've never done Outlaw or Diamondback Gulch, but we have done Broken Arrow several times and it's a good trail.

As for Schnebly Hill, coming from Phoenix we've always started that trail from the I17 and down into Sedona.

Reactions: RINC
We're in!

I think Soldiers Pass is closed to anything other than hiking now? May be old or bad news, but should be easy to research. We've never done Outlaw or Diamondback Gulch, but we have done Broken Arrow several times and it's a good trail.

As for Schnebly Hill, coming from Phoenix we've always started that trail from the I17 and down into Sedona.
Great! I'll check on the logistics today/tomorrow and post a proposed meet up time, location and order of trails. I haven't been on any of them except for Soldier's Pass, so unless you or others who have been on some of them lead, it'll be the blind leading the blind...which keeps it interesting!:D

Soldier Pass is still open, but has required a permit for a few years now. Twelve public permits are given per day and you can apply up to 90 days prior. Permit is $6.

https://www.recreation.gov/permits/4251901
It's a very short trail but has some really neat features. The permit system has made it much better as this trail was incredibly crowded at times. The trail is still open to tour groups, however only one company has access and they have limits on tours per day.

Has anyone made motel reservations ? A host motel ? A local watering hole ?

Just wondering on little details.
I'm finalizing mine with the wife today. I will likely be driving up Friday night to wheel on Saturday and then drive home. I'll post when finalized along with suggested trail agenda.

Initial suggested trail lineup/order...

Diamondback gulch (aka greasy spoon) followed by outlaw followed by broken arrow.

I'm finalizing mine with the wife today. I will likely be driving up Friday night to wheel on Saturday and then drive home. I'll post when finalized along with suggested trail agenda.

Initial suggested trail lineup/order...

Diamondback gulch (aka greasy spoon) followed by outlaw followed by broken arrow.

I can drive up friday. Home saturday night then have sunday to recover.

Has anyone made motel reservations ? A host motel ? A local watering hole ?

Just wondering on little details.
Looked but haven't leaped. Found an AirBNB but $110 night for 2 nights changed to $400+ with "Covid" cleaning fees and ad ons/ tax.

Ouch !

Found a motel for $105 one night in town.
I'm thinking just stay one overnight. That rate would work... likely $120 by the time they fee you to death. Pricy area! Looks like the cheaper stays are down by cottonwood.

I didn't want to (possibly) take their last room....was waiting on you :)

Reactions: RINC