Show us your off-road trailer setup!

Better the media than the government. The media can't fine you or put you in jail for bruising some snowflake's ears. :cop:

lol, no but the government can fill for profit prisons pretty quick, big business putting people in jail.

Not a trailer but kinda cool.

1974, from Toyota.

41920142_1777308149063810_8749056610556444672_n.jpg

I'm about to pick up a new "off road" trailer. It's going to need some work before it's off roadable but that's OK, it will be a fun project ... another one. I've posted a few times in this thread. I have an expedition trailer (post #4 and shown here http://www.jeepcentral.ca/forums/showthread.php?3937-PCO6-s-Trailer-Build ) plus a fibreglass trailer project (post #73). We currently tent camping with a utility trailer I built years ago. I can quickly convert it to carry 2 kayaks and 2 bikes plus other camping equipment. This one will be replacing that.

It's time to get off the ground and move indoors so I bought a Clipper Express 9.0TD (a 9' tear drop). It's good to go as is BUT I have plans to convert it for more heavy duty use. The good thing is that it's a tear drop that you can stand up in. I'll also be able to store 2 kayaks on the roof after I build a rack for it. I'll swap out the wheels and fenders for larger ones and build flat fenders with running boards/rub rails. They also be used for bike storage. It comes with a fridge, heater, air conditioning, grill/table and a blue tooth radio. I'm not convinced that I'll need A/C or even the fridge so they may go in favour of storage.

Last edited:
I pulled the above trailer home yesterday and I'll be spending today crawling around in and underneath it to figure out what I have and how I want to modify it. I have lots of ideas (axle, wheels, fenders, racks, etc.) … just want to be sure they will work! It trailered great. Most of the trip was in the rain and it was pouring when I got home so I didn't want to lift the lid. See the last pic above for what it looks like when opened up.

19-04-08 2.JPG
19-04-08 4.JPG

I've toyed with the idea of building this into a off-road trailer but it needs a TON of work. My grandfather bought it new in 1947 and used it to haul his camping gear to CO from CA for dear hunting trips. And then it was also use at home for dump runs. Plus as a kid he would put these bald tires he had bought and mounted on spare rims and take me to Pismo Dunes. We would get to the parking lot and swap tires and play on the dunes. This was in the 60's before specialty tires were being made. My one reason not to use it for an off-road trailer is because of the sentimental value. If I dented it I would never forgive myself.

trailer.jpg

I've toyed with the idea of building this into a off-road trailer but it needs a TON of work. My grandfather bought it new in 1947 and used it to haul his camping gear to CO from CA for dear hunting trips. And then it was also use at home for dump runs. Plus as a kid he would put these bald tires he had bought and mounted on spare rims and take me to Pismo Dunes. We would get to the parking lot and swap tires and play on the dunes. This was in the 60's before specialty tires were being made. My one reason not to use it for an off-road trailer is because of the sentimental value. If I dented it I would never forgive myself.

View attachment 87405
But I'm sure he would want you to use it and enjoy it like he did. Just don't go on hard core trails.

Reactions: DrDmoney and JMT
Nice! Looks just the right size for your Jeep.

Thanks! It's the first time they "met" so to speak. I made various measurements and figured they'd be good together. The trailer will grow a bit after I put a new axle and tires under it and add racks for kayaks and bikes.