Steering wheel upgrade?

Thanks man this is helpful. I previously thought I’d need to remove the clock spring to do this.

Nope, clock spring is below the wheel in the column. Search some YouTube for a visual. Its not bad to do it. Might need to borrow a puller from the local parts house. Just make sure its locked so you don't potentially damage the clock spring.

Reactions: MikeE024
Not hard, pull the screws on the back of the airbag, center the wheel and lock the steering, unhook the wires, remove the center nut and remove the wheel with a puller. Reinstall in reverse order. Take it off centered, put it back in centered.

I’ve always heard it is best to disconnect the battery as well when foolin‘ with the airbag - just to avoid the possibility of setting it off.

Reactions: RINC
I’ve always heard it is best to disconnect the battery as well when foolin‘ with the airbag - just to avoid the possibility of setting it off.

Probably, I like to live dangerously. Seriously though, yeah disconnect the battery and wait a couple mins then touch pos and neg wires together to ensure everything is discharged.

Reactions: RINC and Apparition
Every time I see one of those on some sort of g-mobile, I always think to myself, "man, that has to be uncomfortable on the hands".

I think they wrap them in leather. Or have a disco where for actual driving snap it out and put the vinyl one back in. then were that one on chain around neck. I could be wrong.

Reactions: Chris
Yes, I ran w/ the flat wheel. I didn't notice effect on the position, wheel felt much smaller at first, almost too small but I got used to it pretty quick.

I thought I remembered seeing it

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-tj-today.1784/post-1288366

If you need any more buttons you can add one of these now. ;)

https://assaultind.com/products/assault-industries-switch-pro-steering-wheel-mount

itch-pro-steering-wheel-mount-37347405693160_1024x.jpg

Reactions: LakeBeard