Straight pipe exhaust

i think it sounds good?

I get what you're saying , If this is what you want to do I suggest you add a short glass pack muffler , ( like 12" long ) with at least a 2.5 " core and run a 2.5 " or 3" diameter exhaust system all the way to the rear of the Jeep. This should give you the sound you are after. Most folks will hate the sound , but this Jeep is for YOU not most folks.

This will NEVER sound like a V-8 with dual exhaust , but neither does a Porsche 911 or a Datsun 280 Z .
Have fun with YOUR TJ!

Reactions: Zorba
I get what you're saying , If this is what you want to do I suggest you add a short glass pack muffler , ( like 12" long ) with at least a 2.5 " core and run a 2.5 " or 3" diameter exhaust system all the way to the rear of the Jeep. This should give you the sound you are after. Most folks will hate the sound , but this Jeep is for YOU not most folks.

This will NEVER sound like a V-8 with dual exhaust , but neither does a Porsche 911 or a Datsun 280 Z .
Have fun with YOUR TJ!

how do they hold up underwater. I tend to sink my car when i go 4wd. and yeah i dont want it to sound like a v8, i just like the engine noise

how do they hold up underwater. I tend to sink my car when i go 4wd.

Are you saying that you submerge the exhaust and are worried about it holding water and rusting out? If so, just get a chambered exhaust like Flowmaster that has no matting. It will provide some silencing and some resonance deading, depending on which muffler, and IMO sound better than a straight pipe.

1660302308230.png

1660302500199.png

how do they hold up underwater. I tend to sink my car when i go 4wd. and yeah i dont want it to sound like a v8, i just like the engine noise

As well as any exhaust system under water , a small chambered muffler like BlueC suggested will work well also , they will just cost you a little more.
Honestly I don't think water would hurt fiber glass in a muffler , but if water is your thing maybe go full snorkel intake and exhaust. Good luck in your adventures !

044135b6efe7a256af6c358e228a914d-4032387964.jpg

• Love
Reactions: MikekiM and BlueC
As well as any exhaust system under water , a small chambered muffler like BlueC suggested will work well also , they will just cost you a little more.
Honestly I don't think water would hurt fiber glass in a muffler , but if water is your thing maybe go full snorkel intake and exhaust. Good luck in your adventures !

View attachment 350348

ill do a snorkle intake but aint no way im doing an exhaust

Unfortunately your car is not a turbo diesel and will never sound like P plater Triton and navaras with the exhaust cut off. Your car will sound like an old truck, tractor, ford falcon, Holden Commodore and any other ancient inline 6. The smaller the muffler the louder the horrible sound.

Unfortunately your car is not a turbo diesel and will never sound like P plater Triton and navaras with the exhaust cut off. Your car will sound like an old truck, tractor, ford falcon, Holden Commodore and any other ancient inline 6. The smaller the muffler the louder the horrible sound.

mate nothing sounds like a p plater triton, closest thing is the clapped out commie owned by the local meth head

does
Are you saying that you submerge the exhaust and are worried about it holding water and rusting out? If so, just get a chambered exhaust like Flowmaster that has no matting. It will provide some silencing and some resonance deading, depending on which muffler, and IMO sound better than a straight pipe.

View attachment 350331

View attachment 350332

it sound like any aussie engines? like a straight piped 1hd-fte or a vdj cruiser engine or something like that? its all well and good saying it sounds trash but what are some direct comparisons it sounds like. cuz i adore the sound of the last two engines. and the 1hd-fte is a straight six

it sound like any aussie engines? like a straight piped 1hd-fte or a vdj cruiser engine or something like that?

I have no idea what those are, so I have no comparisons. Just search youtube for a jeep with a flowmaster and pay attention to what "series" muffler it is.

Reactions: ColoJeep
o
I have no idea what those are, so I have no comparisons. Just search youtube for a jeep with a flowmaster and pay attention to what "series" muffler i

I have no idea what those are, so I have no comparisons. Just search youtube for a jeep with a flowmaster and pay attention to what "series" muffler it is.

oh so my profile picture is a 79 series landcruiser which has a vdj in it. the 1hd-fte is a turbo diesel straight six

Reactions: BlueC
There is nothing inherently bad sounding about straight 6's. Plenty sound good (of course good is subjective). The cute little factory cam and low revs of our beloved 4.0 doesn't lend itself to impressing people though.

Reactions: Zorba

Have fun with YOUR TJ!

There is truth to this... do things for yourself.
But a greater truth is don't be an annoying douche bag with a fart can for an exhaust.

• Haha
Reactions: DEValken and BlueC
There is truth to this... do things for yourself.
But a greater truth is don't be an annoying douche bag with a fart can for an exhaust.

plan is to make it an all offroad car. cuz its already illegal and i want to make it only for offroad. like an atv.

Reactions: Sancho