Team Stay at Home (Hero)

First live action team hero farming photo 2021, planting soybeans into cover crop rye:
1619109371168.jpeg

Yes! Good eye. It’s a 2001 vintage that’s been kept up to date with variable rate seeding and row clutches.

Reactions: Apparition
It’s been great, still relevant after 20 years. Most the new planters have so many hydraulic goodies on them you can’t run them with a “vintage” tractor.

It’s been great, still relevant after 20 years. Most the new planters have so many hydraulic goodies on them you can’t run them with a “vintage” tractor.
I grew up running a WD45, yours doesn't look vintage. You ever run a pre sound guard cab (all metal, no cusion) with no air conditioning and no muffler on the exhaust? Ears ring for days after working a field all day.

Reactions: Farmergreg
I tried to talk my dad into that fancy computerized stuff but he wouldn't do it. Being an engineer now, I likely would have stayed on the farm if he let me modernize it.

He did buy a cab tractor after I went to college. I spent many hours on a JD 4020 and 3020. A Ford 5N and a narrow front A we used to spray.

I ate so much dirt my shit still comes out brown.

Last edited:
It's interesting that my dad sold every tractor he bought for more than he paid for them. When he retired they were all over his cab JD 4250.

Apparently people don't appreciate the new service plan setup that locks the owner out of any repairs. So they are buying mid sized tractors to use most of the year and parking the bigger ones to cut down on repair bills.

Some tractors are like TJs. Creeping up in value as modern stuff gets more complex and locked down from user input. Tesla and John Deere are going down the same path where you buy it and they control it.

Reactions: Farmergreg
I spent many hours on a JD 4020 and 3020. A Ford 5N and a narrow front A
same with me many yrs ago JD8430 4040,4400,4020,3010 etc ..plus various gas tractors and others.
now just a compact JD from 1984.and jd f935 for mowing lawn my FIL is a retired JD dealer and funny enough i have never purchased equipment from him,lots of parts etc..

I tried to talk my dad into that fancy computerized stuff but he wouldn't do it. Being an engineer now, I likely would have stayed on the farm if he let me modernize it.

He did buy a cab tractor after I went to college. I spent many hours on a JD 4020 and 3020. A Ford 5N and a narrow front A we used to spray.

I ate so much dirt my shit still comes out brown.
Ever spread manure without a cab when the wind is in an unfavorable direction?

Wow..Team hero went to team farmer in a hurry. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I got a bit of rural midwest homeland in my blood.

I took a break from the TJ today...Too busy with work and a kitchen remodel (paid for...had to help the wife pick cabinets), and helping my folks move out of their cottage. Back at it hot and heavy tomorrow though. Gotta ignore the TJFest activities by doing what we all really, secretly, like to do...WORK on our rigs!