The good news thread

Many moons ago in a relationship far far away I bought a beautiful bedroom set that included a tv-armoire for those old school tubes, the 35 inch/300lb monsters you needed a damn forklift to pick up…

Fast forward 20+ years the bedroom set has been long gone, ex took it on her way out the door back in 2011 for use in her new place (I’m still using the functional equivalent of orange crates in its place, it’s great to be a man :LOL:). Of course the tv armoire then became all but obsolete with the flat screen revolution. She had already given the dresser and end tables to our son a few months ago for his apartment & offered the rest of the pieces to our daughter for her new place on March 1st, which included the armoire.

She just wrapped up officer training at the end of February (PA National Guard) and was gearing up to find a job when this latest shit hit the fan, so like everyone else she’s stuck at her new home trying to figure out what to do, she used her time wisely turning the armoire into a ‘barmoire’, now I understand why she took it - pretty cool:

barmoire 2.JPG
barmoire.JPG

Now if Governor Wolf would only add Liquor Stores to the list of "life sustaining" establishments so they could reopen my girl could properly stock that thing 😁

I survived another revolution around the sun.

Last of Owen for a bit.
His older brother took him into their backyard to show him his ‘Pee Tree’ and how to use it. So, Owen drops his pants and does...nothing. Just stands there bare assed with his pants around his ankles and holding on. Apparently, he did that for several minutes because my daughter got a call from her neighbor, who was laughing hysterically, and told her to look out the kitchen window.
Our son in law related the above to us. It must have been good because he was laughing so hard he was crying. As I understand it, the entire neighborhood heard Owens’ name and “No”.

Awesome news! We went to Minto Brown Park today here in Salem (a huge nature park with miles upon miles of walking trails) and walked roughly 10 miles with the kids in the stroller. Stopped at a park half way through and let them play.

I've never seen so many people out walking, at the park, and just enjoying the sun. It's nice to know that not everyone is a nut job and locking themselves away in their home.

Reactions: Kon and Hog
Picked up my Jeep yesterday from the shop for fixing fluid leaks. $515 dollars later and the fresh transmission fluid spot in my new driveway this morning was only about 8" wide and not 12" wide before the fix lol. Oh and the excavator guy came by this morning and said i need $4000 worth of top soil for my yard.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Many moons ago in a relationship far far away I bought a beautiful bedroom set that included a tv-armoire for those old school tubes, the 35 inch/300lb monsters you needed a damn forklift to pick up…

Fast forward 20+ years the bedroom set has been long gone, ex took it on her way out the door back in 2011 for use in her new place (I’m still using the functional equivalent of orange crates in its place, it’s great to be a man :LOL:). Of course the tv armoire then became all but obsolete with the flat screen revolution. She had already given the dresser and end tables to our son a few months ago for his apartment & offered the rest of the pieces to our daughter for her new place on March 1st, which included the armoire.

She just wrapped up officer training at the end of February (PA National Guard) and was gearing up to find a job when this latest shit hit the fan, so like everyone else she’s stuck at her new home trying to figure out what to do, she used her time wisely turning the armoire into a ‘barmoire’, now I understand why she took it - pretty cool:

View attachment 147527View attachment 147528

Now if Governor Wolf would only add Liquor Stores to the list of "life sustaining" establishments so they could reopen my girl could properly stock that thing 😁
New York declared liquor stores as essential...wooo hooo ( I know they want the tax revenue) of course I totally stocked up with friends in NH (son goes to school here) in last couple weeks to the tune of $1200 between us.

Amazing that NY sells a 1.75 of Bombay sapphire for $45+ tax and in NH it is $29 and no tax. But at least we are still open.

Picked up my Jeep yesterday from the shop for fixing fluid leaks. $515 dollars later and the fresh transmission fluid spot in my new driveway this morning was only about 8" wide and not 12" wide before the fix lol. Oh and the excavator guy came by this morning and said i need $4000 worth of top soil for my yard.

🤣🤣🤣 dude I just shot coffee out of my nose. By my math another $1,030 should eliminate those last 8 inches, together with what you already spent plus the 4k in dirt you need you've sailed over 5k for a slightly cleaner driveway and, dirt 😝

Sorry to laugh so much at your pain but we've all been there, and will be again

I've never seen so many people out walking, at the park, and just enjoying the sun. It's nice to know that not everyone is a nut job and locking themselves away in their home.

Same thing is going on here. I've never seen so many people outside just wandering around, kids in tow... I've lived in this hood for over 20 years & I've seen people walking down the street I have literally never seen before, maybe this is the zombie apocalypse

New York declared liquor stores as essential...wooo hooo ( I know they want the tax revenue) of course I totally stocked up with friends in NH (son goes to school here) in last couple weeks to the tune of $1200 between us.

Amazing that NY sells a 1.75 of Bombay sapphire for $45+ tax and in NH it is $29 and no tax. But at least we are still open.

is it state run in NY like PA?

We have the PLCB (Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board) that is the only entity that's authorized to sell spirits by the bottle. Beer and wine are privatized & sold in beer stores & grocery stores so we can still get all that. Oddly enough beer outlets did make the list of 'life sustaining stores' because they also sell other stuff like chips, soda, water, slim jims 😄... so it's "kind of" a food store too hahaha

Reactions: Chris and Locky
My 20 month old granddaughter, Emma, came over for a visit this weekend. I sat her in the Jeep with me and asked her if she wanted to go for a ride. She rode shotgun holding onto the door strap as we drove around the garage. When I shut off the Jeep she grabbed the shifter knob trying to shift. Afterwards we hung out for a while. Great day!

D6A1747B-ABBC-4E10-8C68-10877EB0160D.png

🤣🤣🤣 dude I just shot coffee out of my nose. By my math another $1,030 should eliminate those last 8 inches, together with what you already spent plus the 4k in dirt you need you've sailed over 5k for a slightly cleaner driveway and, dirt 😝

Sorry to laugh so much at your pain but we've all been there, and will be again

Same thing is going on here. I've never seen so many people outside just wandering around, kids in tow... I've lived in this hood for over 20 years & I've seen people walking down the street I have literally never seen before, maybe this is the zombie apocalypse

is it state run in NY like PA?

We have the PLCB (Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board) that is the only entity that's authorized to sell spirits by the bottle. Beer and wine are privatized & sold in beer stores & grocery stores so we can still get all that. Oddly enough beer outlets did make the list of 'life sustaining stores' because they also sell other stuff like chips, soda, water, slim jims 😄... so it's "kind of" a food store too hahaha
No liquor stores here are private businesses. I am heading to my PA house this weekend and will be sure to bring my private reserves with us.

Oddly and this defies any common sense, CA has deemed it appropriate and acceptable to allow restaurants to continue selling cocktails and deliver them out of the establishment with food orders. All I got to say about that is lots of folks in power must drink a lot.

Reactions: xxdabroxx
Oddly and this defies any common sense, CA has deemed it appropriate and acceptable to allow restaurants to continue selling cocktails and deliver them out of the establishment with food orders. All I got to say about that is lots of folks in power must drink a lot.
I heard that is going on here too, never would have believed it.

Took the Mercury out of the garage today and she fired right up after 4 months of sitting! Showed the kid how to check all the fluids, fill the tires, and check the coolant temp with a laser thermometer. Spent part of the afternoon running errands and jamming to some 8-tracks with the kids.

1584905450123.png

1584905469585.png

Same here...food and drinks to go!

View attachment 147527View attachment 147528

Nice, I like the creativity! She should still be able to get booze at the class 6 or whatever the Army equivalent is... Fitness centers & the class 6 will be the LAST things to close on base over here.

You ain't lying. We went on a long bike ride yesterday to the local fishing pond that sits right next to an elementary school and it was PACKED! Everyone out fishing, guys flying RC planes on the soccer field, softball games going on... Cabin fever reaction for sure after this last week of homeschooling.

Good news! If the gym closes down, I bought something to do my workouts in the garage:

View attachment 147075

Got it for a great price too!

Come hell or high water, I will not miss a workout!

Nice. I've slowly modified the basement office into my workout room. Concept 2 rower, plyo boxes, hooks in the ceiling for some straps, some of those BowFlex select-a-weight things and then outside for running and everything else. And of course a flat screen on the wall that works w/ my bluetooth headphones. Haven't been to the gym in a long time and it gives me no excuse knowing that it's all just a flight of stairs away.

Reactions: Chris
You ain't lying. We went on a long bike ride yesterday to the local fishing pond that sits right next to an elementary school and it was PACKED! Everyone out fishing, guys flying RC planes on the soccer field, softball games going on... Cabin fever reaction for sure after this last week of homeschooling.

If this thing lasts 9 more months like they expect, my guess is you'll see a lot more people outside :ROFLMAO: