The good news thread

It’s finally opening day for turkey, had one coming in but couldn’t get him off his hens. Perfect weather to be away from society.
And a great way to spend it. Later in the season when the hens start setting on their nests, there will be fewer ladies out and it will be easier to call that tom in to you. Good luck....keep us posted.

And a great way to spend it. Later in the season when the hens start setting on their nests, there will be fewer ladies out and it will be easier to call that tom in to you. Good luck....keep us posted.
Done and done. Put a tail fan in front of my face and duck walked to 10 yards of him.
76F1C931-17B8-4BD7-B388-249AC0742A39.jpeg

It’s finally opening day for turkey, had one coming in but couldn’t get him off his hens. Perfect weather to be away from society.

Can you hunt them with rimfire where you are? A buddy of mine in FL showed me how to hunt them with .17 HMR with his little Mossberg. He had it sighted to about 50 yds and we'd zip them at the base of the neck. Apparently it's not kosher everywhere.

Great! Keep us posted.

Will do for sure. Selling this house has been one of the most stressful experiences ever. I'll be so happy to have it over with.

Of course then I get to go through the buying process of a new house, which is another stressful experience :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Cheesy
Can you hunt them with rimfire where you are? A buddy of mine in FL showed me how to hunt them with .17 HMR with his little Mossberg. He had it sighted to about 50 yds and we'd zip them at the base of the neck. Apparently it's not kosher everywhere.
Shotgun and archery only. I don’t think I’d even use the .17, shotguns are fun, .17 sounds fun too!

It’s the first weekend of lawn mx and I batted 1000% getting all my power equipment fired up without having to mess around with anything! Small victories.

Reactions: lowranger
I'm not real public about personal things but I'm happy to currently be cancer free! It's been a long two years involving surgery, rehab, and a year of treatments at MD Anderson in Houston, TX. It's situations like this that make you realize what is truly important in life. They say you should aways try to turn a negative into a positive and this is what I have learned from my journey, I have an amazing wife who helped me during my bad days. Our relationship is stronger than ever before. Having cancer forced me reevaluate my priorities and I'm truly grateful. Take care and enjoy those who are important to you, Kevin
Thanks for sending good vibes my way!

today was a beautiful day, took the TJ out for a spin around town, it's nice with so little traffic these days. With the weather getting warmer it's time to transition to a warm weather beer until fall, stopped by the beer store in search of one of my favorites but they were out, the one a couple blocks away was also out so I took a nice 15 minute drive in the opposite direction & scored, third time was the charm. Jamaica has basically shut its doors so I was wondering if the stock had dried up yet but it hadn't:

IMG_4220.JPG

Was going to order some jerk chicken, rice/peas and fried plantains from my favorite place which is still open for take out only like most restaurants but I found out it's closed on Sundays, so I fried up a batch of homemade festivals & washed them down with a few brews out in my 'Jamaica room', what a great way to kill another day

IMG_4222.JPG
IMG_4226.JPG

Did some social distancing with my youngest😀
C0A0DDEB-D08C-4829-9440-369C911BCDD7.jpeg

I don’t have a pic but Owen was being Owen today. He was ’helping’ his mom and brother make S’more cookies. He was giving the task of crumbling up graham crackers. Mom put the crackers in sandwich bag and told him to hit the bag with his little fist. He punched the bag twice then decided he didn’t want to do it that way. He got his plastic battle sword and used that to beat the hell out of the bag of crackers.