The ultimate setup for 33 inch tires?

I'm not really into body lifts. Mainly because of the odd gaps on top of the bumpers & side steps/rock sliders. And more so on other trucks. I get that making some room for the TT & more room under the trans pan. But more spring lift does too. And ultimately you want as much spring travel as possible, so probably 4" or 5" depending on what fenders you like.
No it does not...you have to seperate the body from the frame to get the right amount of clearance.

To add, how much spring lift would it take to get 18" of belly clearance on 33s without raising the center skid? Mine has that with 4" of spring, small body lift, and a raised skid. And it has more suspension travel under a stock body than most here.

Reactions: Vasq
I'm not really into body lifts. Mainly because of the odd gaps on top of the bumpers & side steps/rock sliders. And more so on other trucks. I get that making some room for the TT & more room under the trans pan. But more spring lift does too. And ultimately you want as much spring travel as possible, so probably 4" or 5" depending on what fenders you like.
More spring lift will not make any more room for a TT, a BL is required.

Reactions: Airjunky
To add, how much spring lift would it take to get 18" of belly clearance on 33s without raising the center skid? Mine has that with 4" of spring, small body lift, and a raised skid. And it has more suspension travel under a stock body than most here.
About 7.75” of spring lift would get you there on a non-Rubicon and 33’s. You’d probably need 8” for a Rubicon.

I’ll be at 18” with 3” spring lift and the Savvy skid that just arrived today.

I met a lot of guys from Idaho recently running long arms, 6” of lift and 37’s. I don’t think they have 18” of clearance under the stock skids.

Reactions: Vasq
Does anyone have pictures of 4" suspension lift plus a body lift (1 or 1.25) with 33s? Just picked up my LJ with this setup, but on 35s. Don't really need 35s, but not sure how 33s would look with 5" total lift

I believe @jjvw had a similar setup before going to 35’s

Does anyone have pictures of 4" suspension lift plus a body lift (1 or 1.25) with 33s? Just picked up my LJ with this setup, but on 35s. Don't really need 35s, but not sure how 33s would look with 5" total lift

4” Currie Springs, 1.25” BL, 33” KO2. I think it looks fine, but I’m looking forward to 35s.

5ABB44FA-C8B4-4D0F-A84D-1D2D7D7194C8.jpeg

Reactions: WHBNM
Obviously not an lj but - 4" Currie springs front, 4.5 " Currie LJ in back, 1.25" savvy bl, 33" km2s.
20200802_120927.jpg

Is removing the body lift a big chore? I don't know that I'd want one with only the 33's unless I had the tummy tuck thing going on too..

Don't know that you'd want to. My 33s barely clear at full stuff. Different flares would make difference in my case but without limiting steering I am very close to my antirock arms as well. 3.75" bs on wheels. Fwiw.

Thanks for the pics. I'm guessing you had 12.5 wide if you almost had trouble with the anti rock and 3.75 backspacing

I'm going off this quote..
"without limiting steering I am very close to my antirock arms as well. 3.75" bs on wheels. Fwiw."
Can you elaborate on "unlikely"?

Thanks for the pics. I'm guessing you had 12.5 wide if you almost had trouble with the anti rock and 3.75 backspacing
That should not be even a potential issue. I'm running 35x12.50 with 4" of backspacing with an Antirock and there's no problem running that very common combination. 3.75" of BS would provide even more clearance.