Throwback Thursday Jeep Edition

When I first met @Dave K. 6 plus years ago, I saw this jeep at the local car lot. I told him how much I loved it and was thinking about buying it( knowing nothing about Jeeps). The next day he pulls up in the jeep saying he bought it. And he’s been buying things out from under me ever since . :hmmm: Lol.
2007 jk rubicon.
View attachment 43616
Nice looking Jeep but the dog really rocks that pic. Reminds me of my lab .

Don't have any pictures of my first CJ, but I have attached an artists rendering of it, as well as the newest member, the 03 TJ X.

Untitled.png

Brax.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Squatch
A lot of nostalgia going around about CJs...I fought with my last CJ7 for months, and went through 3 of those stupid Carter carburetors trying to keep it running for more than a day or two at a time...no thanks. o_O
Replacing my Carter carb and about a mile of emissions tubing was the best thing I ever did on my CJ5. Good ole Motorcraft 2100 to the rescue.

Replacing my Carter carb and about a mile of emissions tubing was the best thing I ever did on my CJ5. Good ole Motorcraft 2100 to the rescue.
I seriously considered the Mopar fuel injection conversion for my last CJ7, but that was right when the 1997 TJ was introduced. It was no contest...guess which one won? :campeon:

I seriously considered the Mopar fuel injection conversion for my last CJ7, but that was right when the 1997 TJ was introduced. It was no contest...guess which one won? :campeon:

I had considered going fuel injection as well, but read up on the 2100, and most folks seemed to think it was one of the best carb upgrades for the 258s, and could run at some serious angles. I wasn't much of an off-roader while I owned my CJ, but it sure helped wake up the old girl some, along with was upgrades to the distributor and ignition coil. When my buddies started buying newer Jeeps and doing more trail rides I got the bug and got back into my TJ, then this LJ.

I had considered going fuel injection as well, but read up on the 2100, and most folks seemed to think it was one of the best carb upgrades for the 258s, and could run at some serious angles. I wasn't much of an off-roader while I owned my CJ, but it sure helped wake up the old girl some, along with was upgrades to the distributor and ignition coil. When my buddies started buying newer Jeeps and doing more trail rides I got the bug and got back into my TJ, then this LJ.
I did make one more attempt at a CJ7 in the early 2000s, but after realizing all that entailed, I promptly sold it to someone with a lot more patience than I.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
OMG Those were my favorite tires in the world which seems ages ago. Wrangler R/Ts they were bad ass in their day! Still look cool by today's standard!

Those tires were awesome!! Put her in 4low and second gear, point her at some mud and open up that 304, and mud would fly!!

Reactions: ac_
01e937e90ad40d7e79e105efb058beca.jpg

Not my actual Jeep, but pretty much identical, all the way down to the metallic brown paint, nutmeg top....... my brother has it now, I put a small block chevy, Ford T-18 trans, and a fiberglass body from 4wd on it prior to giving it to him..... it was a lot of fun.......

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Squatch