TJs In The Mountains

Above Big Bear

1637556949632.jpeg

@01TJ-Blues
Are those Barricade flares?
Like'em?
..and do those hood guard wires work well? Is there a real name for them?
Are they an aftermarket item or DIY?

Great photos.
Those are the Xenon 4” flares, I like them a lot except for the wet season when I get mud fling everywhere. 😂

The “limb risers” work fantastic in the brush, it’s amazing how well it lifts the branches off the hood and over the roof.

I built these myself but basically copied the Steinjagers. If I did it again I’d probably buy their cables and built only the mount brackets. It took way too long to research and build the cables. The way I did it I barely saved any cash by the time I was done versus their prices and could have had them right away. I used stainless watercraft cables with quick release balls. I think theirs even come that way. Live and learn!

Reactions: NOTNSUV
Those are the Xenon 4” flares, I like them a lot except for the wet season when I get mud fling everywhere. 😂

The “limb risers” work fantastic in the brush, it’s amazing how well it lifts the branches off the hood and over the roof.

I built these myself but basically copied the Steinjagers. If I did it again I’d probably buy their cables and built only the mount brackets. It took way too long to research and build the cables. The way I did it I barely saved any cash by the time I was done versus their prices and could have had them right away. I used stainless watercraft cables with quick release balls. I think theirs even come that way. Live and learn!
Are the XENON $170 better than Barricades?
Urethane vs. ABS.
I don' t know my plastics. Maybe urethane is more flexable, won't snap, crackle, pop?
I do like the look on your rig.

Thanks.

Do you wish you had the 6" for better coverage or are they too clunky looking? Not a lot of pics of 6" online, especially from the front. My current setup is Bushwacker pocket flares 5" or 5.5" not sure. I don't care for the look and they definitely don't enhance tire clearance. Removing the front got me + a couple inches minimum. But the coverage on 35 x 12.5 is pretty good and I'd give that up with 4".

Happy Thanksgiving. I'll get it if nobody's on here today.

• Love
Reactions: 01TJ-Blues and WSS