Toyota lights on your TJ! Cheap, quality LED alternative

Great find, thanks for sharing. I might not be the first to ask, but ... whatcha gonna do with those E-Codes you had? I'd be interested in them, if you're interested in parting.

Funny how nobody is happy with factory lights, whether it's a TJ, JK, JL, JT, etc. I went from the crappy stock lights, to a set of free JK (H13) lights. I did have to spend $10 on H13 adapters, but the appearance and function are greatly improved.

View attachment 265291
Stock

View attachment 265292
JK

View attachment 265293

My original plan was to go with JK lights as well. However, I had difficulty finding takeoffs for < $30. When factoring in the cost of the adapters, it was just as cheap to go with these H4s, and they include the optional relay wiring to help boost output, especially effective if you choose to use higher output bulbs.

Reactions: Irun
I just ordered a set of these for the LJR. Looked at getting Cibies previously, but never did. Hard to pass up this deal! Local dealer want $80 for them, so I ordered them online for $55

Last edited:
Okay, I just ordered this kit. I don’t need the lights but you cannot beat the deal on the wiring harness and this kit may not be around for much longer.

Pickled mine up this morning. $43 bucks total was a steal. I was surprised how nice the harness is. I had installed H4's on my old XJ and used a harness I bought on Amazon for $20. I expected the Toyota harness to be similar cheap quality but it is much better. If I still had my XJ I would have ordered another one of these just for the wiring and sold the lights on Craigslist.

Last edited:
My original plan was to go with JK lights as well. However, I had difficulty finding takeoffs for < $30. When factoring in the cost of the adapters, it was just as cheap to go with these H4s, and they include the optional relay wiring to help boost output, especially effective if you choose to use higher output bulbs.
Makes sense to me. If I didn't have freebies, I'd have done the same thing! (y)

Reactions: deadbeat son
How is everybody routing the harness up front? I would have liked to run it from the battery to the passenger side headlight and then back around the firewall to the driver’s side headlight. Harness is about a foot short for that. I will go around under the radiator if necessary. Just want to keep it out of the way.

How is everybody routing the harness up front? I would have liked to run it from the battery to the passenger side headlight and then back around the firewall to the driver’s side headlight. Harness is about a foot short for that. I will go around under the radiator if necessary. Just want to keep it out of the way.
I ran it around the bottom of the grill.

Just got mine in the mail, 2 day shipping better than amazon, worth the $14.00 shipping so I didn't have to drive 2 1/2 hrs to get them. If I used the wiring harness would it plug into the multi function switch? or is this a cut and splice situation.

IMG_6164.JPG

Just got mine in the mail, 2 day shipping better than amazon, worth the $14.00 shipping so I didn't have to drive 2 1/2 hrs to get them. If I used the wiring harness would it plug into the multi function switch? or is this a cut and splice situation.

View attachment 265656
There is a male plug that plugs into the factory headlight socket on the passenger side. Then it has two female headlight sockets. It uses the male plug to get the signal from the mfs. No splicing required and it basically eliminates most of the load carrying factory wiring from the equation.

Reactions: MikekiM and AjRagno
There is a male plug that plugs into the factory headlight socket on the passenger side. Then it has two female headlight sockets. It uses the male plug to get the signal from the mfs. No splicing required and it basically eliminates most of the load carrying factory wiring from the equation.
Yup.. This why these harnesses are so simple to add. The key is to find a quality harness.

Just look at the wiring diagram. I'm terrible with electrical but it literally took me like 30 minutes to install the harness included neatly routing it and taking extra time to make it blend in.