Track Bar Bolt Spinning

Can you remove the nut? Check to see if you are out of threads on the Tie rod end. If so You might get away with adding a washer.

I tried the floor jack on the TRE, and the pry bar on the TRE. Nothing changes. Still spins freely in both directions, easily.

I went ahead and dropped it at my local shop to have them check it out. Most likely they’ll have to cut it off, but a pretty strong consensus thinks that because it spins freely so easily, the TRE is bad. I went ahead and grabbed another Moog bar from the parts store and took it with me just in case.
The local repair shop should inspect the frame end hole for the tracbar mount to ensure it is not wallowed out.

My local shop was very confused…. when they put the jeep up on the lift, they could loosen/tighten the bolt with ease without the stud moving. I guess the pressure that was put on the stud when they lifted it allowed them to be able to tighten it with no issue.

They checked it out and said it was fine, and that it was very tight. This makes sense since the bar is only about 1 year old. So all is well, and I’ll return the pry I bought today.

Keep the pry bar, return the spare track bar... never return tools... lol. I try to add a tool of some sort every time my wife makes me go to Home Depot...

Reactions: Bud125
Keep the pry bar, return the spare track bar... never return tools... lol. I try to add a tool of some sort every time my wife makes me go to Home Depot...

I just returned the extra track bar. I didn’t return any tools….. instead of buying 1 size wrench when I need it, I always end up with a whole set 🤷🏻‍♂️

Smart. Always get another tool.

My local shop was very confused…. when they put the jeep up on the lift, they could loosen/tighten the bolt with ease without the stud moving. I guess the pressure that was put on the stud when they lifted it allowed them to be able to tighten it with no issue.

They checked it out and said it was fine, and that it was very tight. This makes sense since the bar is only about 1 year old. So all is well, and I’ll return the pry I bought today.
Now you said the stud and the nut were just spinning? Have you checked it since you took it out of the shop? If they had it up in the air the weight of the axle was on the track bar. I would check it on the ground. It is a good practice to run the bolts down and do final torquing at ride height.

Now you said the stud and the nut were just spinning? Have you checked it since you took it out of the shop? If they had it up in the air the weight of the axle was on the track bar. I would check it on the ground. It is a good practice to run the bolts down and do final torquing at ride height.
I haven’t checked it yet, but I will do that asap.

Sounds like the rod end might be stripped? If it was on a lift and it just turned and didn’t stop that’s not good. My suggestion is get rid of the track bar and buy a currie or JKS save yourself the headache and pain in the ass!

Sounds like the rod end might be stripped? If it was on a lift and it just turned and didn’t stop that’s not good. My suggestion is get rid of the track bar and buy a currie or JKS save yourself the headache and pain in the ass!

When it was up on the lift at the shop, it did NOT spin freely. The nut spun, the stud did not, so it appears to be fine. They invited me into the shop because they were confused what I was asking them to do since everything was working properly. They tightened it down really good while I was standing there.

I have not, however, checked it under weight since I got home. I will do that tomorrow probably.