Trail tools—prepared versus overkill

@WSS , Thanks! That is pretty awesome! Sometimes I geek out on electrical stuff. So I see one battery, where is the second? Do you see a difference between the lead acid and new AGM, I assume you have the Odyssey 1500?

@Wildman - Thanks! I just figured you could just parallel the batteries and go. I never gave it any thought they needed to be isolated. I spoke to Metalcloak 9 months ago, and they said their fenders only raise battery box 1 inch, but I understand that is alot, as it is already crammed in that corner.

Reactions: Wildman
@WSS , Thanks! That is pretty awesome! Sometimes I geek out on electrical stuff. So I see one battery, where is the second? Do you see a difference between the lead acid and new AGM, I assume you have the Odyssey 1500?

@Wildman - Thanks! I just figured you could just parallel the batteries and go. I never gave it any thought they needed to be isolated. I spoke to Metalcloak 9 months ago, and they said their fenders only raise battery box 1 inch, but I understand that is alot, as it is already crammed in that corner.
You'll have to look thru his build thread over on Jeep Forum to find out where the other battery is.

https://tinyurl.com/y22azomm
Wouldn't it be nice if things were that easy? Hooking up the dual batteries isn't hard and while most don't think there is a need for dual batteries I find I like having the option.

Reactions: WSS

Second batt is on driver side. TJ's are cramped for space. My CJ w/SBC had more room. I went with the Odyssey due to reviews on both the odyssey and the optima. Plus the odyssey had more size options. The system on the CJ I built using a noco isolator and a 200a solenoid relay. It worked fine. Just more expensive and more room than the hellroaring system.

IMG_0025_zpsffhpbxu0.jpg

IMG_0342_zpsqemsaeka.jpg

I keep an 18v impact in my tool trailer....I learned that most of the time changing a tire was in the removal and reinstall of the lugs. You can also adapt one to drive a bottle jack.

Old thread, I know. Didn't get thru all 7 pages before asking..

How do you adapt an impact to drive a bottle jack? I can see if for a scissor jack..

Old thread, I know. Didn't get thru all 7 pages before asking..

How do you adapt an impact to drive a bottle jack? I can see if for a scissor jack..

I carry a small floor jack for my trailer- some guys weld a bolt to a jack for an impact

The D'oh was for me. I actually have the factory jack under the seat. Just losing my mind a bit at a time, was stuck on hydraulic; and I have my 18v Milwaukee 1/2" that I carry.

I knew that, but was in the process of attaching the picture anyway.

Reactions: NOTNSUV