Turbo 4 Liter

I switched over from the Infinity to the factory PCM for emissions. I wrote a quick tune for the SRT injectors and the factory MAP sensor. Drove it to work on Monday and today and looks like all the monitors are ready. I should be able to take it in tomorrow and get the inspection done.

20210817_193005.jpg

I finally got my skid plate installed as well as the SYE and new driveshaft. I cut the skid out of 3/8" aluminum and brake bent the back. I think I am going to add another plate bolted onto the bottom to protect the bolt heads and close out the pockets I had to cut for clearance. Because I did a flat plate I had to massage the tunnel where the shifter sits. I also had to cut a new set of engine mount risers. The new ones are 1.75" tall instead of the 1" ones I installed with the body lift. I think my next project is to rebuild my intercooler water tank. The fenders eliminated part of the spot where the old tank lived. Right now I am limited to 5 psi until I remake the tank and remount the pump. I think the plan is to use the space where the washer fluid bottle sat and make a larger tank that will hold 3 or more gallons of water.
20210821_120500.jpg

20210821_120411.jpg

20210720_175703.jpg

Last edited:
I'd recommend Just replacing the hex bolts with countersunk alan head bolts. You've got plenty of beef there to do so.

Reactions: Jezza
I'd recommend Just replacing the hex bolts with countersunk alan head bolts. You've got plenty of beef there to do so.
I'm afraid I didn't get the bolt up pattern perfect enough to use countersink screws. It's really close, but there are a few holes that could have been closer.

You should be able to adjust the hole spacing to fit with a mill unless they are really far off.

Any plans to put a flex fuel sensor on it?
They're not that far off maybe 1/16" or so, but for countersink screws I feel like being centered is important.
I could add a flex sensor to the AEM, but I have no plans to run ethanol. I have ran e85 on my other vehicles, but the Jeep runs fine on 87 and 93. I also couldn't imagine how quickly the fuel level would drop on e85. I'd be filling up three times a week.

Made some little lowering brackets for the Genright fender marker lights. The Genright blinker kit is described as "stealth", and they are. I could barely see them standing 30 or so feet out in front. I dropped them by 3/4" and they are much more visible.

20210823_175951.jpg

20210823_175514.jpg

I got around to cutting the carbon panels today. I ended up going with the slot design as it was the least cutting time and I think it looks good with the grille and the cowl. I think they turned out pretty good. You can see more of the guts behind it than I care for, but whatever. I'm also working an issue with the cruise control. It has a tendency to hit boost and overshoot when going up a hill at highway speeds. Then it recognizes that it is 5-10 mph over the set speed and decells. It's a bit of a tank slapper and gets progressively worse until I cancel it. I tried it on HP the other week thinking it may have something to do with the Infinity, but it was the same on HP. I'm thinking about ways to possibly desensitize it. Maybe using a restriction in the vacuum line or possibly changing the arm on the throttle body to reduce the opening ratio of the cable to throttle.

20210823_175502.jpg

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Finished the intercooler water tank this weekend. The only thing left to do is bend the radiator support rod a bit more where it comes over the top of the front corner of the tank. It is about 70% larger than the old tank with an internal volume around 1.8 gallons. The entire system took just over 4 gallons to fill. I changed the pump mounting from outside the wheel well to inside just under the tank. This should hopefully get my IATs out of the 200s.

20210829_123546.jpg

20210829_123647.jpg

20210829_123805.jpg

Sorry I haven't had time to post much recently. Life has been busy, and the Jeep is down there on the list. I have over 1500 miles on the axle swap now and everything is 100%. The AEM is working as it should. No check engine light out of my "no engine light" HP Tuners tune. I think I may add a water methanol kit on it. I need to install a washer fluid bottle anyway. I may dial purpose the water meth to fill both roles. Also got a new tow rig. Thoughts?

20211001_183816.jpg

I think you might be a little over your limit trying to tow that white truck with the TJ, but with all the extra power you got, you probably won't notice it's back there until it's time to stop. I say go for it! 🤣

Water/meth sounds good, especially with a clean install like you mentioned. That AEM is interesting me more and more.....

Sorry I haven't had time to post much recently. Life has been busy, and the Jeep is down there on the list. I have over 1500 miles on the axle swap now and everything is 100%. The AEM is working as it should. No check engine light out of my "no engine light" HP Tuners tune. I think I may add a water methanol kit on it. I need to install a washer fluid bottle anyway. I may dial purpose the water meth to fill both roles. Also got a new tow rig. Thoughts?

View attachment 280842
I like it - and I’m partial to the color. I’ve got three white vehicles myself. And you can’t beat the oil-burner for towin’.

Reactions: Jezza
Started tearing down my spare engine today. It's a bit of a shame. The guy who sold it to me had said it was a 35k mile engine. After pulling it apart I'm not sure it even had that many miles on it. Everything looked brand new. No rust or coking on any of the parts. Now I just need to decide if I should do a 4.6 stroker or stick with the stock crank and just do a piston and rod setup.

20211014_103544.jpg

20211014_111326.jpg

20211014_112330.jpg

20211014_112538.jpg

20211014_121043.jpg