Turbo 4 Liter

Do you have a table or a switch (enable /disable) for baro learning? On the NGC3 05/06 years, there is. The pcm will learn baro at KOEO and again at what it deems to be WOT or atmospheric pressure. It does this as a sanity check for the KOEO baro learn performed by the MAP in case conditions change.
Just to follow-up, disabling baro learning stalls the engine when needing to go over 100kpa.... That was neat to find out while out for a drive.

Reactions: Wildman
For crankcase ventilation I have the front port which is wide open to the hose running to my intake pipe between my air filter and the turbo. The back port has a restricted hole in it stock. I didn't change the port at all, but I did add a Supra PCV valve between the back valve cover port and the intake manifold.
This is the valve I used

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3924161508...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
Awesome, thanks.
I might put that stock valve cover elbow (ccv) piece back. For now I have a hotrod contained breather to a PCV into the manifold. Working so far, but im still at a loss as to why I'm still having everything lean out, post boost.
The WB will read .93 pre boost, then 1.01-1.06 post boost.
The tune hasn't changed, and this issues never happened before, so im having a hard time thinking it's the tune, because nothing I change in it makes this issue go away. And now with a crankcase vacuum setup, it's still happening 🤔
IAT sensor is my next thing to change and relocate to the manifold vs intake pipe. But the tune isn't showing an issue with that part, so 🤷 I don't know...

I ended up installing the Fram FV405, but I will keep your part number handy.

Screenshot_20210608-083714_Chrome.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Ultimately problems like those are what led me to abandon HP as a viable long term safe and stable option for boost.

Ultimately problems like those are what led me to abandon HP as a viable long term safe and stable option for boost.
It's crazy at times, and I might have to switch methods.
What infinity model did you get?

I left a massive writeup in the HPT forum, so I will see... just seems like a small something is causing this. It would surprise me to see that it's the brand of MAP sensor or something like that.

It's crazy at times, and I might have to switch methods.
What infinity model did you get?

I left a massive writeup in the HPT forum, so I will see... just seems like a small something is causing this. It would surprise me to see that it's the brand of MAP sensor or something like that.
I used the AEM Infinity 358 box. More than enough inputs and outputs for the 4.0.

I opened a tech request with HP as well. They are probably not going to do much more for the JTEC market.

I used the AEM Infinity 358 box. More than enough inputs and outputs for the 4.0.

I opened a tech request with HP as well. They are probably not going to do much more for the JTEC market.
Awesome, thanks I'll look into that more.... I don't have a JTEC PCM in the 2005.

New hood decal installed today. I had a friend of mine who does this sort of thing design it for me based on the TJ Rubicon lettering. Kind of subtle yet gets the point across.

So, lots has been going on with my jeep lately (as mentioned above) and something new has come out of it.

All has been pointing to the MAP/BARO sensor. Google has lots about Dodge and baro relearn, in most forums. Interesting enough, that I've never had this issue before now.
My baro will intermittently relearn.
Ideas on why? What would make a new MAP sensor do this? I've been using the same one for 2 years. Replaced it and tried 3 different ones, all tell the same story.

@Jezza what MAP did you pick?
I've been using the Dodge SRT 2Bar.

Check out all my stuff here https://forum.hptuners.com/showthre...deas-why-I-ve-never-seen-this-before&p=653485

I picked up a used 4.0 last week for 5 bills. Seller said it only has 32k on the clock. Looks pretty clean on the outside so could be legit. Plan is to send the block out to my machine shop and do some version of a 4.6 stroker with forged internals. Maybe also put in a cam and up the compression as well. This project will be on the long term goal list as I have other things in line first.

20210528_115412.jpg

I haven't decided on any particular kit yet. I want to get it torn down and determine bore size before making any decisions.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
If you haven't heard of Russ Pottenger, you, he's kind of a guru for AMC I6 strokers. I suggest talking to him about your future build.

If you haven't heard of Russ Pottenger, you, he's kind of a guru for AMC I6 strokers. I suggest talking to him about your future build.
I have seen a few mentions of him in other stroker posts. I will most likely give him a shout when I get closer and have more information.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Spent some time on it the last couple of days. I finally removed the Dana 30 and replaced it with the Currie 44. I also took the opportunity to install the Savvy control arms, Rockjock springs, Currie steering, and Rockjock front and rear track bars. I also installed the spare transfer case with the SYE kit. I'm still working on the skid plate as I'm making a custom one from aluminum plate. Lots of work still to do. I'm going to pull the rear end and power coat the housing, as well as install the 4.56 gears and the ARB locker. New rear brakes, and some Genright fenders.

20210701_211853.jpg