2.5 turbo build

Update. Still running strong these past few months on 8 psi. Haven’t touched the tune since my last update. Took it out to Moab. It ran slightly richer but not too much to worry about. I’ll attach a few videos.

F60A1CA0-9B01-48D8-870B-F72958337E13.jpeg

759855E7-7B80-47EA-95C6-28C48B1B60D5.jpeg

Terrrs01
When’s the forecasted “put some dirt on my tires”-day ?

😉

congrats to your project !

you fit right into my motto:

DETOUR
Goin the xtra mile - it’s never
crowded

~•lllllll•~👋🏿

Terrrs01
When’s the forecasted “put some dirt on my tires”-day ?

😉

congrats to your project !

you fit right into my motto:

DETOUR
Goin the xtra mile - it’s never
crowded

~•lllllll•~👋🏿
LOL!

Was that a crack on his TSL's ?

One problem I did have with the this Ebay turbo is the external wastegate is kinda random. I did some testing and it would not open until like 25lbs. I did try to rig up a few springs to help relief/rig it up, but I was unsuccessful. (seen previous post). So I did end up having to buy another external waste gate with changeable springs. Another note is these Ebay turbos have very bad air flow through their wastegate, so I did spend a significant amount of time porting it.
View attachment 241779

Lastly I installed a boot gauge and electronic inline fuel pressure gauge.
View attachment 241781

SOOOOO... CURRENT STATUS: waiting on a few fuel line adapters to have it running again.
I installed some 30lb fuel injectors a few days ago
I bought a 1998 grand prix 2 bar Map sensor
and have been messing around with HP tuners softerware but not have actually hooked it up to my jeep yet.

From here on out (not much) maybe i'll take some more pics lol, BUT PLEASE!!!! this is not meant to be a "how to" or a tutorial at all.
This is just me sharing my hard learning curve on something I knew nothing about but slowly learning. I'll keep this post updated on how tuning goes.

The down side to HP tuners is since it is so new, there are almost no references to go off of. At least that I'm aware of.
Thanks!
I am working on the same project. I Installed a 4.7 diode from the ground wire to the signal wire on the factory map sensor. Blocks the reading of the extra air making it to the ecu. The ecu only gets the max allowable reading of 5.0v which prevents the jeep from going into limp mode.