Turbo vs engine swap

An LS is far superior.
Thats where I am at also
OP asked and opinions have been delivered

I drove a 392 Wrangler back to back with a 2.0L newer Wrangler and its night and day feel. I wont pay their price for a JL 392, so am investigating a build personally. I can build one waaaaay cheaper and better. Cam swap a 6.0L GenIV LY6 with those big flow heads youre at the 392 output

I have a few turbo vehicles, and I do love the FULL torque feel off the line @ 1800RPM in my F150s 3.5TT……however a V8 Wrangler just feels beasty with so much room for more growth

We are not all limited by the same budget constraints to worry about each others choices

Some of us just spend and build within what each can afford and be happy. Hell I blew up 2 LSx blocks on the past 2 years already, but its fun

My TJ is a budget build for my 10 year old so this wont get an LSx, but a JL may be on the horizon for me

Last edited:
What’s the total approximate cost to make the LS3 swap including under armor?

Trust me I’m no hater of the LS engine (dad and grandpa are retired GM).

But if I can save $10k+ by doing a turbo and it provides enough power to make me happy, then who cares if someone else thinks the LS is superior.

Not to mention that if I take a job in CA then the LS swap becomes a liability unless I play the game registering somewhere where I won’t actually be living.

Point being, there is no one-size-fits-all answer in case you haven’t figured that out yet.

That is the whole point these guys are missing. They are just yelling "i like the taste of oranges much better than apples!!" It isn't a useful statement without a lot of qualifiers and conditions.all of which will change person to person and with different uses

That is the whole point these guys are missing. They are just yelling "i like the taste of oranges much better than apples!!" It isn't a useful statement without a lot of qualifiers and conditions.all of which will change person to person and with different uses

I agree. I like an orange much better than an apple…

🤔

Especially Hemi-Orange!

😎

Oh yeah - and LS, Schmell-S.

😉

What’s the total approximate cost to make the LS3 swap including under armor?

For perspective. My LS3 cost more than Jezza’s kit and that’s just for it sitting on a pallet. That’s not including mounts, trans, harness, integration, display, components, accessory drive etc.

Find a junk yard pullout would be the way to go if worried about cost but then you don’t know what you don’t know about the engine.

I agree. I like an orange much better than an apple…

🤔

Especially Hemi-Orange!
426-hemi-engine_02.jpg

😎

Oh yeah - and LS, Schmell-S.

😉

Of course there is only one real HEMI orange.....;)

Reactions: Wildman