What did you do to your TJ today?

Got the half doors hung in the garage and made a thimble license plate holder.
4A0F9754-F9B0-49B6-9BD6-9C16C487D28B.jpeg
A8117039-16DB-4CEC-890B-A79F973B62F4.jpeg
413E89A5-8DFB-408F-BEEB-39C157C77F28.jpeg

OEM on my 05 TJ has some sort of clear film on the door sills. Mine are getting close to moving on my 'to do' list to replace. Been wondering what the replacement solution for that will be. I like the clear film.

I was planning to do bedliner up and over the doorsills but I'm now looking way from bedlining the inner - so I'll need to find a new clear film alternative replacement.
This is what I use to replace any clear body film applications. Cut as needed…

Clear plastic film…

• Love
Reactions: FarFire70 and Zorba
OEM on my 05 TJ has some sort of clear film on the door sills. Mine are getting close to moving on my 'to do' list to replace. Been wondering what the replacement solution for that will be. I like the clear film.

I was planning to do bedliner up and over the doorsills but I'm now looking way from bedlining the inner - so I'll need to find a new clear film alternative replacement.
Mine too... the film is looking pretty ratty. I saw these on Quadratec and put them on the wish list.

KEN-Entry-Guards-BLK-TJ_13013.1200_Crop.jpg

I’ve never found it. There have been some posts about people doing just that, and finding something close. And the pictures look ok but the posters usually say look worse in person. If you paint one, plan on painting the other if you want them to match. That’s why I went with the radio I did, so I wouldn’t have to… Single DIN with a floating screen.
Thanks. It’s a mystery. I found factory stickers behind other dash parts indicating the dominant interior color, but not for the platinum accents. The PO put a fancy double din unit in. Spent big bucks on the head unit but cast off the original bezel. I guess I am lucky that’s the only deviation from stock they made. I am hoping someday to get back to the original bezel color.

In the meantime I added some eye candy to the front bumper. Fixed my factory fog light MFS to add new VisionX halogen fogs and added a set of independent Hella LED auxiliary lights on a small bumper bar. Just have to figure out how to attach a photo…

Bought a Gnome to put in front of my Jeep and piss off the neighbors.
View attachment 268969
A good friend came around one day but we were out so he stole one of my wife's Gnomes and called it "Freddie" He got it a FB page and took it to Europe and posted pics lol This is a true story and it was fucking funny! Alas he turned into a Lib Tard (Him not the Gnome) Over Trump, He actually had the audacity to call me a "Nazi" when a high percentage of my Family in England fought and many died in WW2! Pity but I wiped him after that.

Silly question here re garages! How comes USA drywall garages are flushed but never painted? 99% of Aussie garages are brick so fair face jointed but if a garage is drywall its finished fully and painted by the builder.
Wow! Great question. I’ve wondered the same thing. My guess is we save $200 on the price of a $$$,$$$.00 house.

Reactions: matkal and Fishtaco
Silly question here re garages! How comes USA drywall garages are flushed but never painted? 99% of Aussie garages are brick so fair face jointed but if a garage is drywall its finished fully and painted by the builder.
Completely stupid, huh? I've painted a couple or three - its the norm here. Probably because most people don't use their garages to park their cars in. Expensive car stays out in the weather and the garage is full of worthless junk.

People turn around in my driveway from time to time because I'm literally the ONLY house on my street that has an empty driveway because my cars are in the garage. I was expecting a delivery from a local business one time. They sent their teenaged son out to deliver. I received a phone call, "When are you going to be home?" "I'm home now..." "Our son just called and said there's nobody home..." I look out the window, "Is he in a blah, blah blah..." "Yes..." "Well, he's sitting in my driveway!". Idiot kid couldn't comprehend that my two cars were INSIDE the garage - that's how unusual it is!

Completely stupid, huh? I've painted a couple or three - its the norm here. Probably because most people don't use their garages to park their cars in. Expensive car stays out in the weather and the garage is full of worthless junk.

People turn around in my driveway from time to time because I'm literally the ONLY house on my street that has an empty driveway because my cars are in the garage. I was expecting a delivery from a local business one time. They sent their teenaged son out to deliver. I received a phone call, "When are you going to be home?" "I'm home now..." "Our son just called and said there's nobody home..." I look out the window, "Is he in a blah, blah blah..." "Yes..." "Well, he's sitting in my driveway!". Idiot kid couldn't comprehend that my two cars were INSIDE the garage - that's how unusual it is!
I still never understand why garages aren't finished and used for cars more often. it is such a silly thing. Specially if you have a garage in Florida!!! That sun will beat down and heat up that interior badly.

Reactions: Blondie70 and Irun
In most states building code states that drywall needs to be finished (taped, "mudded") for fire safety. Code doesn't say it needs paint. So, builders just do enough to get by the code.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Zorba and Ephry73
I still never understand why garages aren't finished and used for cars more often. it is such a silly thing. Specially if you have a garage in Florida!!! That sun will beat down and heat up that interior badly.
Exactly. This is the WORST climate on the planet for cars - and nobody but NOBODY parks their cars under shelter. I'm going to put up one of those portable carports for the Jeep eventually - if I can ever get this goddamned extension put on the house first!

Exactly. This is the WORST climate on the planet for cars - and nobody but NOBODY parks their cars under shelter. I'm going to put up one of those portable carports for the Jeep eventually - if I can ever get this goddamned extension put on the house first!
When I lived in Florida the house I was renting had a car port setup(Florida thing) worked beautifully.